seat's back from upholstery

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
alec

seat's back from upholstery

Post by alec »

Hi all,
just picked up my seat from the upholsterers and it looks fantastic on the bike, he used heavy grain top grade vinyl, new sponges and rubbers, and also put extra sponge for the riders seat part making it more comfortable, so now have comfort and style with speed, also done away with the leather grab strap to make it more sleek and modern looking

if anyone wants his number pm me, he's located near west malling in kent. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Last edited by alec on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
tony.mon

Re: seat's back from upholstery

Post by tony.mon »

Post it up in Dodgy Dealers, Best dealers section.

Does the pillion seat cowl still fit?
Often they won't go over thicker padding.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
alec

Post by alec »

tony.mon wrote:Post it up in Dodgy Dealers, Best dealers section.

no wont fit with the new grab bar anyway but yeah fits over thicker padding JUST lol
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
alec

Post by alec »

FirestormMike wrote:You sure it won't fit with the grabrail ? Looks like a rentec and my cowl fits fine with either the rack or rail on.
yeah tried it, the rear lug stops it from pushing down far enough, my cowl's cracked anyway so no loss really,
Karl_h

Post by Karl_h »

I've got that grab rail and it looks identical to ones I've seen with the cowl on, but try as I might I can't get it on either!
alec

Post by alec »

Karl_h wrote:I've got that grab rail and it looks identical to ones I've seen with the cowl on, but try as I might I can't get it on either!
Does tell me in the instructions now i've read them properly that the cowls wont fit lol
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

its a bit pointless having a grab rail tho if you are going to fit a pillion cowl lol :roll:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

tony.mon wrote:Post it up in Dodgy Dealers, Best dealers section.

Mine is the Corbin basket weave type gel padded seat I bought of triggeri (think that's how you spell it) on here and it is extremely comfy, as bit like memory foam for your ass..But, my seat cowel does not fit over the seat at all, but I suppose, when you feel like you're sat on a breeze block all the way to Swansea n back (dave's words not mine lol) comfort would come before that cowel ....I think its around £150-£200 on
[url http://www.customseats.co.uk/][/url]
I think! mine has the trim on it. I told Dave we will have to get his seat sorted for this year, so maybe give this a try if you think it is well worth the £50 and much more comfy than the orginal?
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!