benny's hedgehog...

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: benny's hedgehog...

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:looks good in white with black frame. worth the hardwork I would say :thumbup:
Couldn't agree more with that. It's looking great Benny, well done :thumbup: and thanks for the half descent photo link, very much appreciated :D

Chris.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

thx for the compliments :D
i like it too!
but don't look too close - already the paint is blistered on the belly cos i forgot to put my wrap on cos i was in a rush to ride it - a crack has appeared in the right fairing ( since repaired!) and the overall paint job has really disappointed me qualitywise but it will have to do til winter when i'll do it again in a decent 2 pack.
also did a favour for a powder coater and he's promised to do my bike if i prep it, so i'll beadblast it all and do it proper - assuming i don't fall off it again lol.
which made me think - what happens to a cat c write off if you write it off again?
i could make a good living out of writing it off lol! :beer:

just got back from a good ride, nice an leisurely as usual :shh: pulling like a train but i only realised i'd forgot to connect up the fuel level sensor when it was too late lol!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

benny hedges wrote: just got back from a good ride, nice an leisurely as usual :shh: pulling like a train but i only realised i'd forgot to connect up the fuel level sensor when it was too late lol!
I rebuilt the engine on one of my Triton's many years ago, and like yourself was so looking forward to getting out on the road at long last to try it out, that I forgotten to check how much petrol was in the tank :wink:

Needless to say I ran out about four miles from home :thumbdown:

Chris.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

was about 2 mile from nearest garage.... left my fone at home :(
[youtube][/youtube]

tbh i think that was probably what was wrong with it last night and the final big backfire blew the carbs off lol :lol:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ive done that on my fzr genesis 600, when speedo cable snapped. milage was only gauge you had :) no reserve light, and reserve didnt work, it was always picking up from bottom of tank lol
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Nice to see her up and running again Benny, looking real good :thumbup:
even if you are haveing a few ahem! fueling problems :lol:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

seems ok now tbh - ordered bigger fuel pipes and a bigger tee - up to 12mm now, from 8!

also ordered a cbr600 fuel pump and got cbr calipers coming :thumbup:
flywheel is in the shop as we speak, being turned down - should be a real flyer and stop as quick as it goes! :beer:

fixed the fuel sensor connector, found it was on all the time, so i took out the sensor from underneath - strangely on the new 21L tank it was a float operated switch (the float had fell off inside), whereas on the older 19L tank the sensor was a sensor type sensor which works fine now so hopefully no more running out lol!
sgoaty

Post by sgoaty »

benny hedges wrote:ok lol sorry about the pic quality - have to resize here anyway and usually use my fone.

anyway, decided it's a nice day, about time i rode the fker so.......

really pissed me off - got back to find clutch fluid had leaked all over the fairing and put a unremovable stain in it - crouton it, it will have to do.

few more jobs to do, like fit the rest of the rubber trim and glue it on, fit the yacugar prog rear spring (which looks ace), fit a new tank protector pad, buff out a few marks and line the belly pan up proper...

apart from that i can't think of much else so i'm off out for a spin :thumbup: :thumbup:

and just for those with big screens who like better quality pics...
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1802/dscf0115r.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1011/dscf0112tb.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/875/dscf0113t.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4980/dscf0114t.jpg
Are those the ZXR mirrors?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

no m8 they are the standard firestorm mirrors with extenders.

the zxr ones were only fitted in desparation after i left my storm ones with a mate after a trackday.
they fitted well tho, just same as the honda ones,
but now theyre back on the kwak where they belong!

ps, i'll update this thread with a few pics of the bike in proper 2 pack paint when it's all done... looks bloody marvelous so far :)
very shiny! :cool2
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh on the Wales outing
sgoaty

Post by sgoaty »

Does the storm suit the ZXR mirrors? I dont want it to look daft
Cheers
geodude

Post by geodude »

bazza696 wrote:Look forward to seeing it in the flesh on the Wales outing
ditto :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

sgoaty wrote:Does the storm suit the ZXR mirrors? I dont want it to look daft
Cheers
i'd show you but the fairing is hung up in the garage atm while i'm respraying the bike...
spose you could fotoshop some on.
they look fine tbh, a lot squarer and angular than the oem
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bazza696 wrote:Look forward to seeing it in the flesh on the Wales outing
Sheep flesh?

Ewe never know........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.