Proflex

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
oldbikeman

Proflex

Post by oldbikeman »

Hello
Quite a few of us have Proflex shocks on our vtrs and they're not cheap .I have emailed Proflex twice about getting a rebuild and that the remote pipe has a split in it but no answer.Anyone had theirs Done?
AMCQ46

Re: Proflex

Post by AMCQ46 »

If Proflex dont get back to you just go to one of teh independent suspension experts and see if they will do it for you.

I used Revs Racing in Halesowen to service my old WP shock, and they were good.

http://www.revsracing.co.uk/
AMcQ
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

Thanks Mate!
My shock has done little and looks like new but I couldn't sell on because of the split .And the pipe has had no bends in it.Do I put say £250 into it or £500 into something new?Mending them is never cheap but I am pissed off with Proflex for leaving me with a dud.
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

Hi just had mine repaired and serviced great service top blokes quick and easy here their number.01200442345 hope that will help.
Geoff
RIDE TO ENJOY
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

Thankyou
Ring them tomorrow.
bugsbunny911

Post by bugsbunny911 »

hi mate i have a proflex shock spoke to proflex uk and they would have charged me £50 plus carrage for a new hose. i got one made for 20 by a hydralic hose maker generaly makes long hoses for jcb's and such so i got better quality hose rated up to 250 bar for free he only charged for making it but then it needs to be re gassed and fresh oil thats about 50 one of my local bikeshops has a guy in 1 or 2 days a week who sort of subs for several bikeshops . my advice go to a rated bike mechanic near you and see if they know any suspension experts as the job requires speicalist tools witch most garages wont have .

Regards B
bugsbunny911

Post by bugsbunny911 »

also search proflex on line and ring them i had no trouble getting hold of them tho they wern't too keen on shareing the knowledge
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

Whole idea of having one of these fancy shocks is getting them sorted easy.Can get the bits to self service from some makers .Ohlins are a bit pricey but loads of places to get them fixed no fuss.