Wotcha from deepest Hampshire!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

Just joined the 'Storm club this morning! :clap:

1998, Silver, 35k miles, service history to 30k miles, Carbon Can Co stainless cans (LOUD!! :thumbup: ), braided lines, seat cowl, flip screen, heated grips, carbon hugger, crash bungs.

Bit of damage but nothing bad, scuffs and nicks, broken footpeg (Now fixed) dodgy indicators (tomorrows job!).

Got it from the evilBay for £940!! :thumbup: Bit of a bargain!! :o

I've returned to V twins after a spell on the darkside (IL4s like CBR600FS1, Z750E, FJ1100) as I missed my old SV650s! I'll never tire of the thump thump from the cans!!

Me? Over 40 and living in Hampshire by the sea! I like Rock music and Eccles cakes and my Mum says I'm "special"!!! :lol:

The bike is going to be used for everything especially track days!

With broken footpeg on the floor!

Scratches n stuff

Plans? Probably a fireblade front end eventually, more likely Ohlins springs for now, race fairing, damage repair possibly respray black with red decals, SP1 downpipes (they do fit right?) and mostly, HAVE LOUD FUN!! :lol:

Cheers, Jester :twisted:
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
pinkyfloyd

Re: Wotcha from deepest Hampshire!

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Where in hampshire are you? I'm in portsmouth by the sea. Got me a black one for about the same price. Little bit tatty but going to enjoy making her gleam much to the mrs displeasure
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

Warsash, but you will find me at Loomies just about every Wednesday from March onwards.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome to the site mate, good introduction, we now know everything about you and your plans for the future, and you have even mastered uploading pictures!!! :D
AMcQ
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Made it to loomies once on the old gsxr. Might have to make my way up there on the vtr. Want to clean the bugger up first. lol
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
geodude

Post by geodude »

Welcome to the site. I hail from Hampshire too, but even closer to the sea (near Gunwharf)
I'll probably see you at Loomies throughout the summer months. If you fancy taking your storm on a camping trip and like sheep, you might be interested in May's weekend in wales

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=17757
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hi, welcome, and no, SP1 and 2 pipes don't fit.
Different link pipes.

See you about!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

I'm in Gosport - and do Loomies from time to time - but not when it's farkin' freezing.... Hopefully we'll catch up sometime....

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome to the forum Jester :thumbup: A nice intro.

You can't argue with that price can you. A lot of bike for the money I'd say.

I don't suppose you have any pic's of the Suzuki GT750 Special :?:

Chris.
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

sirch345 wrote:I don't suppose you have any pic's of the Suzuki GT750 Special :?:

Chris.
Unfortunately not!! I wrote it off a few weeks after buying it in 1995.

But the spec was: GT750 frame and engine, race pattern gear shift, RD350 tank and seat unit, FZR1000 forks,clip ons, wheels and brakes and the best bit? Chromed Allspeed spannies!! :lol:

I managed to write it and nearly wrote off my right shoulder at 50mph when one of the front calipers siezed sending me off road into a mahoosive fence post! :(

Dislocated collar bone, 4 broken ribs, bruised lung, bruised kidney, black eye, gravel rash (Only a t-shirt on!!! :whatever ), a week and a half in hospital, 6 months off work, 2" screw holding my shoulder together and, according to the head of orthopiedics at Kingston Hospital, the worst dislocation of a collar bone he had ever seen!

Oopsy!! :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jester666 wrote:
sirch345 wrote:I don't suppose you have any pic's of the Suzuki GT750 Special :?:

Chris.
Unfortunately not!! I wrote it off a few weeks after buying it in 1995.

But the spec was: GT750 frame and engine, race pattern gear shift, RD350 tank and seat unit, FZR1000 forks,clip ons, wheels and brakes and the best bit? Chromed Allspeed spannies!! :lol:

I managed to write it and nearly wrote off my right shoulder at 50mph when one of the front calipers siezed sending me off road into a mahoosive fence post! :(

Dislocated collar bone, 4 broken ribs, bruised lung, bruised kidney, black eye, gravel rash (Only a t-shirt on!!! :whatever ), a week and a half in hospital, 6 months off work, 2" screw holding my shoulder together and, according to the head of orthopiedics at Kingston Hospital, the worst dislocation of a collar bone he had ever seen!

Oopsy!! :lol:
I'm sorry I asked now :thumbdown: , but glad you're still here to tale the tale. It sounds like you were pretty badly smashed up.

Chris.