Any Opera users on here?

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
sirch345
Site Admin

Any Opera users on here?

Post by sirch345 »

If you do use the Opera browser are you getting this problem below on a regular basis :?: If you are, or did, have you found away around it :?:

Chris.
Stratman

Re: Any Opera users on here?

Post by Stratman »

I use Opera for some things and can't say I've ever had that kind of message Chris.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stratman wrote:I use Opera for some things and can't say I've ever had that kind of message Chris.
Thanks Paul for your input.
I've been using Opera for many many years as my main browser, but have been having this problem for a good 12mths or more now. I've done the usual Opera forums and the like in trying to find out what's causing this, but no luck so far.

If you do a Google search with 'Connection Closed By Remote Server' you'll see I'm not on my own.

Cheers,

Chris.
masakabassist

Post by masakabassist »

I've been getting it constantly for the last few days for some reason. What OS are you using? I find it mainly happens on Windows 7 and not so much on my Linux install (openSUSE).

James
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

masakabassist wrote:I've been getting it constantly for the last few days for some reason. What OS are you using? I find it mainly happens on Windows 7 and not so much on my Linux install (openSUSE).

James
James, I've been putting up with this for well over 12mths now, and it appears this problem has been going on for a good number of years for others (according to a google search), but just lately it seems to be worse than ever. This link below is where I've posted about this problem and if you haven't already you can add yourself to the list if you wish, as the more that complain about it the more chance of getting something done about it IMO http://my.opera.com/community/forums/to ... ?id=613832

Some have this problem while others don't it would a appear.

I found this rather strange too. My wife's PC doesn't get this happen nowhere near as many times as I do on mine. So I even tried removing certain pieces of software installed on my PC where I was using different software than her (For example anti-virus, firewall and other browsers that she didn't have on her PC etc) to see if it was a compatibility problem, but if it is a compatibility issue temporarily removing those made no difference. I also removed everything from Opera (using Revo Uninstaller) and did a clean install of 10.63, but I still have this problem.

OS for both PC's is Windows XP.

If you find a cure please let me know.

Chris.