Re: New from Gloucester

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome KneeWobbler. sound like a tasty bike.............get some photos up
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard KW :thumbup: The Storm does sound like it's quite special.

How did you get on with the RD500 :?:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hi, there.
When putting pics up, show us a scan of your dyno print-out, will you? I'd like to see how torque is affected with the gasflowing.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

look in the computer help section, theres a guide on resizing & posting pics :D
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

KneeWobblers wrote:
sirch345 wrote:
How did you get on with the RD500 :?:

Chris.

the RD 400 my mate had
found a totally mint rd400 in a local shop, perfect apart from a few imperfections on the original exhausts and doesn't have a speedo for some reason

You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

KneeWobblers wrote: had the RD for 2 years, at the time it felt great but underpowered compared to the RG 500 which I wish Id bought, real skinny tyre and thin forks, if we saw that these days we would laff our tits off, anyway mental mpg (25) nice powerband but not a good as the RD 400 my mate had, and probably a firestorm would beat it round anytrack you choose..maybe......and it liked 2 stroke..........
Cheers for the reply KW, interesting too hear your opinion on the RD, also quite surprising to hear the RD to be underpowered compared to the RG500. I've never ridden either, but I remember the skinny tyres well :wink:

Chris.

PS. Benny those RD400's must be getting quite rare now.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

KW, I've just had a little look on Google and it would appear there was quite a big difference in weight between the two bikes, that would explain why the RG felt more powerful rather than the BHP difference I would have thought.
KneeWobblers wrote:Yes the RD was similar in hp to the RG maybe the RG had another 10hp, the RG had a narrower powerband and really did kick in hard, the RD more refined. As I remember the Yams handling was much better, but I have to say the RG was a real beasty and a lot cheaper, but as my dad paid for most of it (21st B'day) I chose the Yam. It got nicked a week after I sold it and it was uninsured...DOH.
I bet the new owner was absolutely gutted having it stolen, especially after only owning it for such a short time :thumbdown:

Chris.