Another Lamb to the slaughter :)

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Tubbygit

Another Lamb to the slaughter :)

Post by Tubbygit »

Hello All,

Just thought I'd post here to say hi before being annoying elsewhere on the forum :biggrin

I've got a modified Firestorm (bought off vtrmann a few weeks ago), will post some pics once i've finished tinkering with it.
Tis my first big twin and I'm loving it so far. :)
It's not my only bike, have had Fireblades and other stuff before and have currently got the Firestorm, a rather trick CB1300 and a CBR400 Gullarm streetfighter in the garage.

Ta,
Dan.
tony.mon

Re: Another Lamb to the slaughter :)

Post by tony.mon »

Hi, welcome.

Someone's gotts say it, so:
:this_thread_is_useless_without_pics:

So why not post the progress ones?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome.............like tony said....We need pictures..........not just the storm, as we saw how far VTRman got, but would like to see photos of the CBR13 and the mini streetfighter
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:welcome.............like tony said....We need pictures..........not just the storm, as we saw how far VTRman got, but would like to see photos of the CBR13 and the mini streetfighter
What he said :D

Welcome aboard Dan :thumbup:

Chris.
Tubbygit

Post by Tubbygit »

Well I'd better post some pics them :biggrin

The CB1300 (very custom) :D

Mini streetfighter (best urban commuter I've ever owned)

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Wow, nice line up mate. Loving the rocket launchers on th side of the CB :thumbup:
I guess a lot of the guys on here are familiar with the VTR but it's new to me and a real stunner. Does the rear end make difference to the handling?
The little rat at the end looks like it could surprise a few people!! :D
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Those rear indicators...
saw them on the display stand, and they just looked odd; I couldn't picture them looking ok on a bike.
But they do sort of work like that.

Would a hugger clear the link pipes? Not suggesting you need one, but I'd want to keep one on if I did a SS conversion to keep the shock clean.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Loving the VTR, looks fabulous. like the rear but not the front of the CB, the fightererd CBR is excellent, just the ticket to terrorise traffic. :thumbup:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Tubbygit

Post by Tubbygit »

Yeah, those stacked headlights on the CB1300 divide opinion a bit :D I like them, but then again I'd better as I spent ages doing them :?

Not sure if a hugger would fit on the Storm (wouldn't put money on it, TBH I prefer the rear to be as exposed as possible to show off the conversion.
I'm also v-pleased with the improvement that changing the front wheel has made (I've put on a 6-spoke CBR600 FV front), it matches the rear much better than the original 3 spoke storm wheel that was on there when I got the bike.

Oh, and yeah, the CBR400 NC29 streetfighter is very very brilliant, recommended if you want a cheap (mine cost me about £750) commuter / wet weather bike. it's really quite pokey for a 400 and is so tiny and light that you can throw it around like a moped :biggrin
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Excellent photo's Dan :thumbup: cheers for posting them :D

The Firestorm is sure one fine looking bike 8) 8)
I agree the CBR600 wheel matches the rear much better than the 3 spoke did :thumbup: and that Art exhaust is one of my favourites 8)

I like the quirkiness of the two headlamp set-up on the CB1300, but can understand it's not going to be to everyone's taste as previously already mentioned. To me it makes it presence noticed :D

I can't comment on the mini Blade, as that's one bike I've not ridden.

Chris.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome matey, 3 nice honda's you have there! love the look of the cb! the headlights look well stacked that way 8)
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Nice bikes ,i like the headlights stacked on the CB,looks good imo.

The 'storm looks great ,i dont think i've seen those radiator covers before ,great looking bike :!:
Stevie