what I didnt want to tell you I had test ridden!

General Bike chat
Beamish

what I didnt want to tell you I had test ridden!

Post by Beamish »

After getting back from the test ride on the S1000RR I explained why I wasnt going to buy one (no mid range etc..) the salesman said I know just the bike for you, a K1300S! :eek2

I said you are having a laugh! Its not something I could live with in my garage I said.....he says........take it out I guarantee you will be impressed. So I took it out.
and you know what? I was impressed, it has the performance of a Hayabusa (I sh** you not) and it goes round bends! It has made me really think just what the hell do I want out of biking! just thought I would tell you, please dont think any less off me :biggrin oh and the cars think you are old bill! :D The model I took out was battleship gray, obviously I wasnt hanging about on the test ride (for scientific reasons only) and everyone was pulling over and letting me past :lol: ! It was crazy. Thing is with these hyperbikes you can have best of most worlds and I would happily take my lads on the back of a K13000S
Will I buy one...........not yet!
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
benny hedges

Re: what I didnt want to tell you I had test ridden!

Post by benny hedges »

one of the sites i work at is in shipley, and very often lately ive been giving myself a hour or so to mooch round alan jeffries bmw, and bradford mc's just down the road...
bmw aren't the plodders they used to be, that's for sure.

ive yet to take one out on the road, one of the new generation - there was the usual argument over on mcforum with the yanks obviously saying hd are the best bikes in the world....
i just happened to state that imo bmw now make the best bikes in the world - best performance, handling, build quality, reliability, value, resale value, best technology on 2 wheels and also some of the best looking, most stylish posh rides on the road....

nobody replied for a week lol :lol:

that is without a doubt one awesome sports tourer. :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I've got one

Best bike I've ever had, went from the storm to a R1100s then the K1300s, ESA brilliant, once you get used to lack of(or should i say different) feedback from front end, you just learn to trust it. sticks like sh*t to a blanket, fairly comfy 2 up as well.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Gavin wrote:I've got one

Best bike I've ever had, went from the storm to a R1100s then the K1300s, ESA brilliant, once you get used to lack of(or should i say different) feedback from front end, you just learn to trust it. sticks like sh*t to a blanket, fairly comfy 2 up as well.
Have you had any grief? I was really impressed with the ESA and the engine, great midrange gotta be very near the Busa for straight line drag speed. As Timbo mentioned I am a bit worried about reliability, I have a friend who had loads of problems with his K???? Also heard lots in the press.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I've never had any problems, touch wood, but you do hear of problems with start switch etc but all switch gear should of been changed under warranty by now. ESA is brilliant you do notice the difference if you have it set wrong. Most people love the gear shift assistant, but it is the one extra that I would do without.
i think like all websites/forums most people only post when they have a problem, so any faults are blown out of proportion.

Couple of good K sites are -http://www.eurokclub.com/index.php and http://www.bmwk1200s.com/forum/ or http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/cmps_index.php?
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Thanks Gavin, good info.