Re: It's that sunny....

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

anywhere nice???
heading into wales in a bit - might go into aberystwyth for a pint, then onto devils bridge... (the welsh one)
few riders from nyb heading out as well but some are only on 400s so wont be a mad one lol :twisted:
beautiful day tho eh!!!

me usual chums are off to oulton park for the gold cup - there's always some form of bike racing on august bank holiday, classics today, which i fancy not.
rather be out riding than sat on wet grass watching old ajs & bsa doing 60 down the straights!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

well, i should've come with u lot lol....
the only pic i got today was on a coppers video :thumbdown:

a494 past, pulled in at rhug for an ace angus burger, had a natter etc...
set off toward bala, overtook 2 slow arses doing like 40 for miles...
ripped past a silver fireblade, dodged some mcdonalds wrappers from a focus.... thought crouton it, 1st chance i'll pass em...
so i did.
on a left hand bend at 95... didnt feel that quick to me but thats what the gun said lol...

the fireblade was an unmarked copper and he radio'd a t5 volvo parked up 2 miles on and he was waiting for me.
wasnt happy with me overtaking on the bend, showed me the gun & vid :blush:
looked quite cool tbh lol, almost got the knee down :twisted:

i saw him parked up but carried on seeing as he was on the other side of the road, warned a few oncoming groups to slow down, then caned off like you do....

blue lights in the mirror :thumbdown: clocked me at 121.
said he'd let it go cos the road was clear and i pulled over when i saw him, but he ticketed me for the 95, cautioned me for number plate too small, gave me a lecture etc...

at one stage he closed his book so i thought YES, but no... booked me anyway.
so cos its 30 (35) over, magistrates court.
which as he explained is in the same building as the coroner's court and seeing as they've had 3 fatals on that stretch this mth all bikers, they take a dim view of speeding.
though he did say he didn't think i was driving carelessly and looked in control, said if he could he's let it go, but as a collegue reported it and it's on video.....

anyway, advised me to see a solicitor, try and explain 'exceptional circumstance' seeing as i drive for a living... hopefully get a bigger fine & not a ban.

sh1t happens.
i asked if he'd had a busy day & he said yup, and 3 bikers off, 1 serious. then another 1 came through, a rider had hit a signpost on the same road...
thought he was going to let me go but nope. someone else took the call. :thumbdown: hope the other riders were ok btw...

anyway, saw a few more a bit further on, pulled in for petrol and a guy said they'd just had all 7 of them. 1 lad wheelied past the copper and they arrested him & left his bike there.

another bunch i ended up riding back with on zthou, fzthou and a fatbob lol, they got cautioned for 48 in a 30 and the guy on the harley got fixed penalty for a black plate.

apart from all this, had a cracking day... filled up 4 times lol, 449 miles in total, a good 8hrs riding all round wales - highlight of the day - the excellent A44 from aberystwyth towards hereford - better than any track ive ever raced on lol!

would like to do the same route again before i'm in court lol :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Bearing in mind our previous conversation mate, Oh baldrocks, springs to mind.

Hope you go up in front of a bike friendly magistrate (does such a thing exist?). Do you have any union or AA/RAC cover that would supply legal advice? Probably best not to refer the magistrate to your posts about airfield speeds!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

not today it wasn't.
never had a problem at all in the past year or so.. before then i wouldnt bother, too many tugs.
they were well set up with unmarked spotters, unmarked bikes & cars, definately a planned operation imo.
everyone i spoke to had either seen someone pulled over or got a ticket, but then again, i have never seen so many bikes on the road - bloody ace lol! :thumbup:

mags court will be like the tt if everyone's there on the same day lol!

fsm thats cos i look like mr blobby!!!
loool i think ur looking at my dob on the top right :lol:
& pete - i agree!!! but as the plod said, theyve had so many bad accidents there lately...
he did say they want bikers to come to wales and enjoy the roads, brings money in etc, but they dont welcome unsafe riding :thumbdown: so thats me fkt lol!

just have to get some advice & see how it goes. :silent:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ok, on a happy note, i went past wyre thingy campsite on the way back and it looks ace!
also its on the a44 in some ace scenery...

so back to your ride lol.... :biggrin
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Smashin pics 8) It's been great weather here in Ayrshire as well.

Is it an English bank holiday ? ,it was just another day at work for me ,.....i did go on the bike though .

Funny enough ,i was reading all about the Tibetan Centre on their website a few weeks back.
Stevie
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I notice 3 started but only 2 came back. Did you lose the bog meister along the way?
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good man Tim with the great photo's :thumbup:

Benny, good luck with the outcome. So far it looks like lady luck has been on your side.

Chris.