Bought a VTR - 97

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
benny hedges

Re: Bought a VTR - 97

Post by benny hedges »

Timbo wrote:
Someone give him the address for APE please. From memory i think its peter@aperaceparts.com but could be wrong :)

Speed triple looks nice.
email ady - his personal addy is elcamin0@aol.com genuine guy. if you are buying from him dont forget to ask for gaskets and ask him to mark the parcel GIFT with a value of no more than $25 or you will probably get hit with import tax, which will piss you off no end :redface

but saying that, TT manual tensioners are better. the search tab is your friend :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Welcome, looks very tidy.

Fizzies! :lol:
Never had one but seen (and smelt) enough of them in the auld days.
Spotted one the other day and laughed my tits off.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

I've checked with my local dealer and I can get original ones on a 2 day delivery for £41 each. Is this a bad idea?

And Twinpotter - yes, everyone should point at a Fizzy owner and laugh as they are crap - very easy to restore though. SS50s and AP50s were the kiddies...

I've actually just sold the Fizzy's and I'm back to the VTR and Speed Triple - I've seen an SS50 project but its silly money.... :D

Plan is to get the fairings off this weekend and see what really lies beneath!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

£32 from http://www.davidsilverspares.com
no saying they won't fail at some stage.
look at the 'stopper mod' thread if you are going to go with oem tensioners - just for peace of mind :thumbup:

i hated them SS50s - ugly buggers lol :thumbdown:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Tonyf :thumbup:

It was nice to see the photo's :D The Fizzies certainly bring back some memories. The Storm looks a tidy bike even if the panels do need a little work.

Chris.
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Thanks Chris - great bike, lovely to ride but as you say, the panels are in need of a lot of TLC. Unfortunately, its not elbow grease but every single one of them needs respraying.

It was described as very good - I'm a "little bit particular" :) and I'd only put it as Average.

He's also put carbon over the side engine covers which I absolutely loathe...

Winter - big old strip-down....
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tonyf wrote:Thanks Chris - great bike, lovely to ride but as you say, the panels are in need of a lot of TLC. Unfortunately, its not elbow grease but every single one of them needs respraying.

It was described as very good - I'm a "little bit particular" :) and I'd only put it as Average.
Tony,
Yes I know what you mean, not everyone's idea of good is the same :crazy:

Chris.