sss conversion people ??????

General Bike chat
rst steve

sss conversion people ??????

Post by rst steve »

Ok since the bank dont wanna play ball and finance my new bike looks like the storm is staying which means im going mad with it. First thing is a single sider was gonna go the usual route of vfr800 arm wheel but want to get as much info as poss before i start buying bits. If any of the guys that have done this can send me pics i would be very thankful. My main concern is the shock linkage is it possible to keep the shock where it is???? and also handling are they that bad with this conversion done???? Once this is done next thing is the front end i want usd forks but not 100% sure what mix of parts to get again any help from someone that has actually done this would be great. My aim is to have the bike handling better than standard but looking the way i want it. If you have pics or any info please e-mail or pm me it on here.

Thanks Steve :thumbup:
My e-mail addy is stevenbancroft@fsmail.net
mik_str

Re: sss conversion people ??????

Post by mik_str »

Both of these topics, most notably the fork conversion, are covered in depth on the Superhawk forum. A few quick searches will get you all the info you need.

cheers
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
vtrmann

Re: sss conversion people ??????

Post by vtrmann »

hi, have a look at my posts on my sssarm conversion, loads of pics and info there. really have to move the shock top mount or it won't work properly unless you can get some parts machined cheap, just make sure you measure everything before you drill the frame or that will be costly. best of luck with the conversion. vtrmann
single sided swing arms rule....!