Junction 33 Dyno Centre

Best deals in town
Zakalwe

Junction 33 Dyno Centre

Post by Zakalwe »

Andy Martindale at Junction 33 Dyno Centre...proper knowledgeable guy, makes a great brew and is a whiz on the Dynojet. As well as doing Power Commanders he can also remap standard Suzuki ECUs (he has some very clever software that allows all sorts of trickery with the later 32-bit Suzuki ECUs), TuneBoy as well as carb fettling.

He has plans to expand into the unit next door, and will probably do servicing, custom work and aftermarket kit. He is virtually next door to Roger, so if you are wanting a top dyno guy in the Northwest, Andy is your man. Tell him I sent you....he has done me a very decent job on remapping the Fireblade (3 maps so far) so he deserves the recognition.

Recommended.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Zakalwe

Re: Junction 33 Dyno Centre

Post by Zakalwe »

Timbo wrote:Good recommendation Steve. Thinking of getting him to setup the CB before Mugello, get it tuned in right like :)

What does a Dyno Run with setup cost?

A straight power run to check the fuelling is about £20.

A full custom map is from £85 (do you have a Power Commander fitted? If not, a PC is another £250 ish).

If you have a Power Commander fitted then do it. The difference in the bike is enormous.
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Timbo wrote:Got a PC3 running its standard catch all map, i am going to go for it :)

Do they do servicing as well? Will get it serviced and dynoed before Mugello. Guessing i can wander around and loiter while they do it, cos it isnt exactly drop off and pick up territory for me.
Give Andy a bell first....he does do some servicing but I don't know how busy he is with the race bikes at the mo.

Trust me, there aint much to wander or loiter at....bring a book or an iPod!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

bobbed down there yesterday to try and sort out my lumpy fuelling issues....
problem is, as tony commented last week too, it seems 'wooly' to about 5k, then it takes off proper(ish),
at about 3.5k there's a fuel related misfire that really pisses me off, cos that's where i tend to be in slow traffic.
the flat spot at 5k is right on my usual cruising speed.

don't get me wrong, it rides fast as fook, but it isn't right.
here's what ive done so far ---> bmc / k&n depending which side i got out of bed, atm it's on k&n as i suspected it was weak low down.
fitted 48 pilots, mains are 190/195, needles on last notch(bottom), factory pro+4 advance rotor, and the unidentifiable camshafts, with laser cans...
and the vacuum relief valves - which from the graph aren't interfering with the carburation :thumbup:

i'd ordered some 50 pilots as i suspected it was weak.... but i thought crouton it, have a word with andy, stick it on his dyno and if it's still inconclusive i'll nip next door and have a chat with rogerD...
look at the fuelling mix curve on the bottom - the thin red line - (sorry its not very clear but it got piss wet on the way back lol)
the fuelling line should ideally follow the dotted line across the middle.
peak power was 102.7 8O (expected a bit higher tbh) but what is obvious from the fuelling curve is that there is something very wrong with the mixture - look how it plunges around 5.5k, it's like ive pulled the choke out.
he reckons i'm between 5-9hp down all along the curve because of the richness, and you can see the dip around 5k - i can feel that on the road...
we had a chat about numerous posibilities as to what is causing the richness, but basically it's all coming down to the fact that i just can't get enough air in through the farty snorkel, and the US dynojet springs aren't helping as they're lifting the slides way too early.
(think someone suggested that when i bought it but as usual i didn't listen lol)

so anyway. tank is off atm, got some work to do, then it's going back next week for another run.
in the meantime, has anyone got a spare airbox lid they don't want????

*much later.... quick blast down the road and it feels much more responsive - not quite perfect but a vast improvement on yesterday.
thanks to dyno andy - i would've richened it up, thinking it was too weak.
just goes to show you can't beat a 1/2 hr on the dyno - saves a lot of arsing about.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

You Should have said.
I got 107 out of those cans and that was using K&N, Dyno jets 170 and a 4 degree advancer. Circlip on the 4th groove.
You'll have to try something a little different around the mid range with different cams in but I'd start from there as a base line.
BTW Looks like your Ass dyno is broken from that chart :biggrin
Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ass dyno has got a hole in it lol!

and is full of sh1t! :biggrin

when i'm going for it i always ride over 6k - limiter, but it's when i'm in slow traffic (or behind you lot lol) that it feels flat.
the main problem is i have a race dynojet kit fitted and the standard airbox just cant get air in fast enough, so.... 2 options on the cards
1) saw the lid off and just use it as a retaining frame, junk the top, snorkel and oil collector.
but this requires extensive modding of the dj kit and mains go up to 200's 8O
and i won't be able to ride in the rain lol!

2) junk the top, keep the oil collectors, fit 2x k&n bellmouth filters to the velocity stacks.
again, lots of dyno work required, but andy's the man, having done all rogerD's moriwaki bikes he knows his sh1t on the vtr.

for now, all ive done is put the 45 pilots back in, drop the needles to 3rd notch, refit the original long slide springs, and do away with the extra hole in the slide.
just packed it with a piece of an o ring until i decide what i'm doing with the new airbox.
i'll probably run with the top cut off seeing as ive got a £70 bmc filter and k&n!

he did also suggest some vernier cam gears to get the new cams dialled in proper, but they seem to be working fine to me, for my style of riding anyway - i want the low rpm & midrange smoothing out, with the rush it gives upto the limiter.
at the moment the engine is very happy at high rpm, like it wants to rev, probably cos of the advancer.

should be a massive difference already - it's going back on saturday for another run, but i can tell by riding it that it's a lot cleaner in the middle, flatspot is almost totally gone and no misfire at 3.5 :thumbup:

money well spent imo - highly recommend this guy to anyone remotely local :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Interesting stuff Benny :thumbup:

Do keep us posted :)

Chris.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

oh dear. :oops:
after another ride yesterday to test my adjustments it felt much much better, but still a bit gutless low down, though a hell of a lot smoother....
i wasn't happy.
so i'm sat here before, eating my tea, then i thought oh ffs. sh1t. nobhead. you fkin tit! :oops:

when i had the carbs off, guess what i forgot to put back????

FKIN TPS :lol: :Ball Kick:

so i dashed out, left me tea, clicked it on, leathers on, lid on, got the bike out and fook me - the difference (obviously) is remarkable.
just got back now, stone deaf cos i forgot my earplugs - very happy :biggrin
i reckon mixture screw wants backing off a bit but it's near as damn it imo.
oh and i dropped the mains to 185/190 but think i could still go down another 5 to 180/185.

the main problem was the short carb springs, so i got the old ones out only to remember i stood on one when i took them out. it wouldn't go back in, so ive had to make a new one out of the 2 short springs for now until a new pair arrive from honda.
i know it's affecting the way the carb slides move tho as both springs are different rates so once the new ones come i'll set it up proper, balance again, then off for another dyno run - can't wait to see the difference. :thumbup:
2000rpm upwards the old grunt is back, with a growl from the airbox when the cams come on song - finally getting somewhere!!! :beer: