No Spark

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
phild

No Spark

Post by phild »

Hi Folks I'm looking for some advice re a problem on a quad bike not my Storm.

I think I have narrowed the cause of it not sparking down to either the coil or the cdi unit with the cdi being fav, but as they want over £250(ouch) for a replacement I need to be sure.
There may be a clue to the fault in that when I leave it overnight and charge the battery to full then try it again for a couple of turns there is a good spark and it will even start for a few seconds then dies and then its no spark again. Have checked all the readings from manual for the electrical tests as best I can but nothing conclusive is showing up.

Have replaced plug and plug cap already!

Its a Polaris Sportsman 335 1998 model if anyone can help?

Cheers Phil
benny hedges

Re: No Spark

Post by benny hedges »

try it with a different battery before you go spending silly money.
could be the old r/r failure - it doesnt just happen to storms you know :D
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

phild

Post by phild »

Thanks for info Guys,

website was very helpfull Chris, most of the people on it seemed to be in Canada but loads of advice.
Problem was down to stator and not cdi unit, just needed all the crud cleaning out and set the airgap correctly, bike now back up and running.

thanks again, Phil