TT manual cct.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Rider on a Storm

Re: TT manual cct.

Post by Rider on a Storm »

cliveyandrews wrote:
Rider on a Storm wrote:first lot of cct's gone i'm afraid, will have more soon and am keeping a list of everyone who pm me and i will contact those members as soon as a set is ready.It will be based on who contacted me first, and if not needed anymore will pm the next on list, tks to all for pm's and interest :clap: , will try to sort as many as possible :thumbup:
Can you put me on the waiting list for the next batch please my friend...

:thumbup:
:thumbup: will do mate,
Tray
Rider on a Storm

Hi guys, have some cct's just ready for posting, could anyone who pm me looking for a set drop us a line if cct's are still needed and I will reply with details, tks :thumbup:
Tray
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Top quality products these btw! fitted mine a couple of weeks ago after my cct went. Better than APE's IMHO as I have checked these and they dont work loose.

Keep up the good work Tray! :thumbup:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Jazzscot wrote:Top quality products these btw! fitted mine a couple of weeks ago after my cct went. Better than APE's IMHO as I have checked these and they dont work loose.

Keep up the good work Tray! :thumbup:
can agree they are the best ive seen.
quality job :thumbup:

not expensive enough though! :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Del

Post by Del »

hi New on here as just gotten my 1st twin - hope its okay for a newbie to order a set of these

Cheers

Del
Rider on a Storm

:clap: cheers chaps, glad you were happy with cct's, benny sorry they are priced too low (now thats not somtin u here everyday :biggrin :biggrin) oh btw urs were 400 not forty them extra nuts came from the space shuttle :lol: :lol:
Tray
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Rider on a Storm wrote:them extra nuts came from the space shuttle :lol: :lol:
now i know that's a fib cos they're metric lol :mrgreen:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Rider on a Storm

benny hedges wrote:
Rider on a Storm wrote:them extra nuts came from the space shuttle :lol: :lol:
now i know that's a fib cos they're metric lol :mrgreen:
its the irish shuttle shamrock 1, :lol:
Tray
Rider on a Storm

CCT'S now posted on Sales+Wants, better place for this post, thanks to all who have replied :thumbup: :thumbup:
Tray
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Got them today Tray - awesome quality and finish - you needs to charge more.....!

:beer:
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
Rider on a Storm

cliveyandrews wrote:Got them today Tray - awesome quality and finish - you needs to charge more.....!

cheers Clive mate, glad to here they got there safe and sound, ah too many rips off out there at the mo, hopefully will be able to keep the price down as long as there is a demand for them, thanks for letting me know, happy ridin mate :clap:
Tray
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cliveyandrews wrote:Got them today Tray - awesome quality and finish - you needs to charge more.....!

i said exactly the same. was so impressed i took apes off and fitted these.
much blingier imo and very well made.
and with loctite on the threads they do not move, even without the locknuts - very well cut thread.
impressed :thumbup:
and yes, the low price does not reflect the excellent quality :thumbup:
Rider on a Storm

:thumbup: :thumbup: cheers guys, was glad to help out, price is probaly due to fact that I ride a storm and enjoy getting these ccts together, gets me out of the house in the evening (wont mention this to the little woman though :lol: ) bikies look out for each other regardless of where they come from :Beer2:
Tray
lsaleiro

Post by lsaleiro »

Mines almost here, wich leads to a question.

What kind of glue/paste or watever, you guys put in the gasket and in the bolt, in order to keep them safe, undrulling and still.
I´ve read above about loctite, but what kind/brand of loctite do you guys use?

And what kind/brand of glue you put and didn´t work out?
Luis
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

lsaleiro wrote: I´ve read above about loctite, but what kind/brand of loctite do you guys use?

And what kind/brand of glue you put and didn´t work out?
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/

i use loctite 542 hydraulic thread sealant - it's non permanent which means you can undo it if you want, but the bolt will be tougher to move, it is good to use with heat, oils & fuel and sets as soon as there is no air present ie, anaerobic sealant.
it also seals against leakage so no oil leakage from the threads, no lubing the locknut.
it's like a reddish liquid, comes in several sizes and isn't cheap.
you can get it from any engineers merchant, car shop, halfords, ebay etc so invest pls.

also recommend you use this on the camchain guide bolts, cam top journal casting bolts, airbox screws, velocity stack screws, and as i found out the other night, the back light screws lol (mine fell off!)
also on anything else you dont want to vibrate loose, ie the footpeg hanger bolts, exhaust hanger bolts, gearchange lever pinch bolt is a pain in the butt if it falls out miles from home!

i also use loctite 572 which is a white semi-permanent liquid sealant, but im not sure if that's good against fuel & oil.

not recommended - loctite 577 (sets too hard and could block oilways)
superglue - once tried this when i had no loctite and ended up breaking a lug off a brand new yoshimura cam which really pissed me off :oops:
instant gasket - again, leaves unsightly blobs and peels off too easy.

i prefer to cut gaskets from klingersil.5mm jointing material than use instant gasket but up to you...

the long screw worked loose on my apes, even with the locknut tight, because i didn't loctite the long boltwhile screwing it in, and also i think because i did it up too tight initially which vibrated it loose.
thank crouton it happened on the drive and not when throttling back at speed or i'd have lost the head :oops:

i'm sure loads have used apes & other manuals without loctite, but for a few £ it's well worth the extra security imo and will also stop oil weeping down the thread onto your pride & joy.