Tyres: Avon Sport / Pirelli Diablo / Maxxis / Bridgestones

General Bike chat
benny hedges

Re: Tyres: Avon Sport / Pirelli Diablo / Maxxis / Bridgeston

Post by benny hedges »

never tried bridgestone tbh - i'll let you know how the maxxis feel, putting them on tonight.
could only find one tyre lever lol - should be fun! :roll:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
SlingVTR

Post by SlingVTR »

cliveyandrews wrote:This months "Bike" magazine confirms my feelings and rates the BT-023's as some of the best sports touring.....

(feels his purchasing decision vindicated)
Whatever bike mag test they never ever say its crap, they said 021's were as good as a blow job but when I tried them they went square over night and were finished by 2k......trust what yer m8's say not "paid by bridgestone" bike mag reviewers. :Finger:
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Bloody hell, what were you doing - sprints/drags & wheelies...? My tyre dealership reckoned the lowest they saw was 8k on 021's - that and previous experience of 014's on my 7R made it a simple choice for me...

"..trust what yer m8's say not "paid by bridgestone" bike mag reviewers."

.....or Avon, Dunlop or Continental....

I trust the tests 'cos they do them back to back, with an experienced rider - not "johnny seat of pants"....

:thumbup:
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

first impressions of the maxxis supermaxx m6029s....
bloody brilliant! :biggrin
the bike actually wants to go round bends proper now & feels same left & right which is a major relief.
cars were going round bends faster than me before and it was making me doubt the bike, but these are spot on - great profile and feel glued to the road.
no sliding around on engine braking or feeling the bike's going to tip over - very impressed.

i want it to rain now! :biggrin

£127 for the pair - at that price i don't care how long they last :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

cliveyandrews wrote:Bloody hell, what were you doing - sprints/drags & wheelies...? My tyre dealership reckoned the lowest they saw was 8k on 021's - that and previous experience of 014's on my 7R made it a simple choice for me...

I trust the tests 'cos they do them back to back, with an experienced rider - not "johnny seat of pants"....

I managed 1200 miles only on a rear BT021 before the centre was stripped bare, no burnouts just spririted riding! I dont commute though so every mile was 'spririted' :biggrin
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
SlingVTR

Post by SlingVTR »

Beamish wrote:
cliveyandrews wrote:Bloody hell, what were you doing - sprints/drags & wheelies...? My tyre dealership reckoned the lowest they saw was 8k on 021's - that and previous experience of 014's on my 7R made it a simple choice for me...

I managed 1200 miles only on a rear BT021 before the centre was stripped bare, no burnouts just spririted riding! I dont commute though so every mile was 'spririted' :biggrin

8k loooool whata crock of brown.........2.5k max with a mix of blatting and commuting, 3k if it rains a bit, some of you should ride a cb200 if you are getting 8k, cos you are not riding the bike anywhere to its abilities, that is of course your choice and I respect slow, considerate, old man biking ideals but please dont try to tell me 8k is the average, I have been riding for 28 years and never got over 5k on anything, er5 to cb1300. Thank you. :thumbdown:
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Phew, try and breathe between outbursts....

Oh, and I have 31 years of biking....

GP100, to 350lc, several GS's, Gixxers, GPz's, CB1100, ZxR's, ZX7r - and many more. Kneedown rider, RAC/ACU trained, trackday bandit etc etc etc....

:lol:

Audi, Vide, Tace

SlingVTR

Post by SlingVTR »

cliveyandrews wrote:Phew, try and breathe between outbursts....

Oh, and I have 31 years of biking....

GP100, to 350lc, several GS's, Gixxers, GPz's, CB1100, ZxR's, ZX7r - and many more. Kneedown rider, RAC/ACU trained, trackday bandit etc etc etc....

:lol:
I applaud you, you must have a highly trained wrist used to 3 degrees of throttle twist.... :Boxing: :beer:
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

SP1 Q/A throttle tube....

Audi, Vide, Tace

cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

You might get better mileage out of these....?

I guess mine just last longer 'cos I use all the tread :lol:
Last edited by cliveyandrews on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Audi, Vide, Tace

marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

I killed a rear BT014 in less than 1500 miles :) On michelin pilot 2`s now The dual compound jobbies :)
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Yeah, not surprised - I had them on my 7r - loved the grip, but not the life. If I still had money then I'd use the 014's again, that extra stickiness is great - but a 300 mile commute every weekend, plus daily work trips, makes them a no-no.....

I will stick to dual compound sports touring till I find work in Staffs, then go to supersports compund (I can go 2teeth up on rear sprocket too...)

Audi, Vide, Tace

keepy

Post by keepy »

Benny, I take it that you put the Maxxis Supermaxx Touring on rather than the Maxxis Supermaxx Sports??
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Just had a pair of Diablo 3's fitted in the last hour :thumbup:

If they're owt like the ones I had on my Buell they should be ace.
SP1's rock!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

keepy wrote:Benny, I take it that you put the Maxxis Supermaxx Touring on rather than the Maxxis Supermaxx Sports??
doesnt say sports or touring anywhere on the tyre - all i can say is it's a m6029 and it's made out of round glue.

if that's a touring tyre it's not a very good one cos after a 10 mile thrash the rubber stuck to my glove lol. i imagine i'll be lucky to see 2500 from the rear and the front is starting to shred after 300.
if it's a sports tyre i'll say it does what it says on the tin, unless you're one of these people who thinks golf & darts is a sport. :roll: