Michelin macadam100x

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Fester

Michelin macadam100x

Post by Fester »

Anyone use these? Wot they like?

Will be picking up my new Storm next week sometime, and it has these tyres on it. Now I'm a Bridgestone man me :roll: and have never had a Michelin shod bike before, so I'm tempted to switch them for BT010s or BT020s but I'm a tight ass :roll: so don't really want to fork out anymore cash (no the dealer won't swap em for anything less than 'normal' price)

Could I flog them here, would anyone be interested?
fester
warfox

Post by warfox »

just picked mine up from the shop had a new 190 Michelin fitted a >>>>>feck watch this space cant remeber waht i had fitted dohhhhh :)
will let u know what its like just went from a 020 to it
Max

Post by Max »

I've got macadam's on mine (it came with them) and they are allright, but not as good as bridgestones. the front tyre definately is not as confidence inspiring as a bridgestone. but they do seem to last well.

Max
warfox

Post by warfox »

right had alook and mines a hi-sport
cant see any post about this one so either its ok or evryone stayd away form it as its poooo the way my luck goes im guessing the latter :(
MDJ

Post by MDJ »

Macadam is a mileage tire, get them to put on Pirreli Diablo (not corsa) or Bridgestone 014.

I use Diablos and there bloody exellent, lots of knee down action, they wear pretty well it would seem too!
I got knocked down, but i'll get up again and you'll never ever keep me down!
Orange Robbie

Macadam's

Post by Orange Robbie »

Hi Warfox,
I had a set of Hi Sports as O.E fitmet on my CBR 600, prior to having a Storm.
I found nothing wrong with them on the CBR at all, good grip, wet and dry decent warm up, in fact I had another set fitted and then only changed the next time to a Pilot Sport on the rear as they had no Hi Sports available, whilst maintaining a Hi Sport on the front.
I know that the steering geometry on the storm is more relaxed than on the CBR 600 but I would have thought they would still be a decent tyre on a Storm.
I got nearly 5K out of the Hi Sports but they were totally stuffed when changed, flat on the rear and castellated on the front, should have changed them at 4-4.5K as the feeling at 5K was like riding on diesel on slow corners and roundabouts.
Have been considering Pilot sports as a fitment when the necessary change is due from the current tyres.
Slow in, slow out. Ohh err missus, now with added G-Force carbon fibre race cans. Sounds like a Spitfire.
Ian E

Post by Ian E »

Recently been in same position. I've had three Storms over the last seven years and always fitted Bridgestones.

I bought a new 53 reg Storm in december last year which came with Macadams. I found them ok - got virtually to the edge on 'em. They only lasted just over 2000 miles - but that included an Isle Of Man trip...

Currently running Pirelli Diablos - impressed so far. Front seems to be wearing well - always found front 010s don't wear too well.

Cheers,

Ian.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Ok sorry the reply is a bit late, just got back from Assen, (cool weekend)

Just did 1000+ miles in 1 weekend a on a new set of these tyres always had dunplops before, have to say, they handled perfectly ok for good hard road roading through the whole trip, not a sign of squaring off yet either.......

i'd say for anything short of track days, for Mr average rider they'll do the job perfectly ok.... (in my very recent experience)
sproutout

Post by sproutout »

Havent tried them though have a reputation as a good compromise between distance and grip - just fitted a set of Metzeler Sportec M-1 - what a revelation its like a different bike after the Contiforces - front end is loads better always felt it was going to tuck under with the Contiforces even from new.
Too much ambition results in promotion to a job you cant do!!!