Fort William the long way round June 12th

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Anotherbikerbabe

Fort William the long way round June 12th

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Well myself and my friend Emma left last Sat for Fort Bill and we very nearly didn't get off the mark at all. I took a short ride up to Thornhill to meet up with Emma and we were about to set off and ........kaput,bikey no startey!

So I told Emma to roll it off the side of the road, I'd give her a push(what was I thinking! :eek2 ) and she could bump start it no problem. :p Having done this myself by being pushed by Dave in the rain when my reg/rec went, told her, it's easy... :lol: Who said girls can't bump a bike lol...Silly boys.. :wink:
:oops: So I attempted to push her 8O and half way down she just stopped! By this time the traffic was building and it was on the actual main high street. Just then....local plod car went by and I flagged them down. A rare sight round here I must say...Asked them for a push, and they duly obliged and yeahhhhh.....she got it going and away we went...Can I just say, to those 5 bikers that rode past us and never stopped to offer any help, I hope your next sh*te is a porcupine..

Then off we went travelling up the A76/77 and headed over the Erskine Bridge and onto to Loch Lomond and stopped off at Tarbert for a coffee rest. Loads of bikes out and great weather..Then onto Rest & Be Thankful...stunning!

Then on to Inverary for an ice cream and loads of bikes out here..

Back on the bike and up to Lochgilphead and on to Oban..Parked up at Oban and went off for a coffee in an old Bank which was nice and was slightly perplexed by a group of old ladies who seemed to be fascinated by my lid and asked to have a hold/touch/look.I found this to be strange but Emma handed it over :shifty: She had to prise it backoff them 15 mins later :roll:
Just as we were parked up here, a few guys turned up on bikes, one on a VFR and no sooner had they pulled in, they rode off. As we rode out of Oban up to a main roundabout, I saw them all sat looking our way as we came off the roundabout. They prob heard my bike coming a mile off!!lol.. We then rode off to Fort Bill from there and some of the roads we took were made for bikes! Took all day to get there and landed there around 6.30pm got a shower, change and out to dinner. I didn't get much sleep,3 hrs.. we left around 10am next day and it was chucking it down all the way back we headed back way we went but out of Glencoe where a cop car was sat in wait ...Passed another speed trap up on the Glencoe road out..

Headed down toward Loch Lomond from there and it was raining quite hard so by time we got back to Thornhill where I left Emma & I was shattered when I got home. Dave had the wood burner blazing, hot bath ran and I plonked myself down, attempted to watch the F1 and headed to bed at 4.45pm and instantly fell asleep :crazy: Dave was brilliant,(as awlays) he brought me Sunday dinner up on a tray and I watched some tv in bed and fell asleep again and got up Monday 10am!! I don't know how you guys go 000's of miles!! I did 440 in 24 hrs and was wiped out. I suppose no sleep made the difference!
What an adventure.... Wales here we come..
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
benny hedges

Re: Fort William the long way round June 12th

Post by benny hedges »

sounds a great trip out - a nice sunny day makes all the difference dozen tit :thumbup:
even better when you come home and you dont have to make tea!
result on getting plod to help - if it'd been 2 blokes asking they'd probably get a ticket for being unroadworthy!

lovely scenery btw - you don't know how lucky you are to have such views on your doorstep :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Great write-up and smashing photos :thumbup:
That's a favourite rideout of ours ,Inveraray and Oban etc.
Stevie
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

nice piccys, i once had an old bird that wouldnt let go of my helmet either!! but thats another story :lol:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: nice one Marra :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
escocia

Post by escocia »

Aye like Stevie said, a good read and nice pics. Those are places we are well famliar with, last time we visited oban I was sitting on that harbour wall defending my bacon roll from some demented seagulls. And then a passing biker pulled an impressive stoppie when a crazy mutt run across the road in front of him!