All sp1/2 owners

General Bike chat
rst steve

All sp1/2 owners

Post by rst steve »

Ok guys and girls im having a change of heart got a buyer for my storm lined up and got some cash coming my way so was gonna go for a gsxr600 but been looking at SP1/2s and think i can get enough cash to maybe buy one of these outright without having to top up my loan.

Want to know what people think of theres is the sp1 better than the sp2, whats the tank range like, handling , performance basiclly everything. All input welcome :thumbup:
Zakalwe

Re: All sp1/2 owners

Post by Zakalwe »

SP2 is more of a road bike than the SP1. They have a revised FI system that is a bit smoother down low, slightly less mid-range for more top end, and that ohh-so-sexy swingarm. The forks are a bit softer (and according to Roger D) are not as high quality as the SP1.

Fuel consumption is much of a muchness...110 miles to a tank if ridden casually, sub 90 if ragged (no different to my Fireblade).

The SP2 comes in white, which is the sex. Or in all black (wibble).

Buy one.
Stick a Power Commander and loud cans on.
Rag the tits off of it.
Post pictures on here :thumbup:
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Buckers

Post by Buckers »

I've gone the other way to you mate. Started out on an sp2 and now have storm for commuting and a cbr for best.

Awesome bike, handles like a cbr600 (more heavy/planted front perhaps than the cbr), more top end than the storm, same stomp if not a bit more perky 2-8k revs.

But its the special feeling you get from being on the last HRC production machine that really counts. You can feel it in the way it moves, the whine of the cam chain, the beautiful finish of the alloy components, the amazing suspension (just get it set up by Kais on standard kit and its great).

I only moved on because I dropped it and got my head turned by the silky smooth cbr6 I've now got.

But the storm doesn't even get close to what an sp2 feels like to ride. I wish I could have another really. Buy one, get on that woodhead pass and thank Japan for exisiting
Phil-VTwin

Post by Phil-VTwin »

Buckers wrote: the whine of the cam chain
Of course you meant to say "cam gears" :lol:
Ride Safe
Phil
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

love my SP1, wanted one since they first came out but£££££ :eek2 , got my hands on a mint one last year and never looked back :thumbup: yeh its sh1t at 30 mph but get her on the twisties!!!! :twisted: i cant find one fault with the bike at all :thumbup: oh i spot a chance for some piccy whoreing here :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Got a lovely picture like that last night Marra-can't get the bloody thing to work at the mo! I'll up load it later :thumbup:

Same sentiments as Marra-love mine.

You need a test ride really Steve if your unsure. I didn't bother when I bought Mikes-well-couldn't really with the amount of snow we had down. Plus I knew Mike had looked after it and I'd always lusted after one.

I doubt you'd look at GSXR 600 after that though :wink: Best bike I've had bar none :D It's not so much the power- although there is plenty of that-it's more the way it delivers the torque. The bike is a peach :thumbup:

SP1 or SP2, the choice is yours. I'm sure the SP2 is a better road bike.

I prefer SP1's though. If I had the option of a swap for a 2 I'd still keep mine.

The choice is yours.
SP1's rock!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

right, will you all please stfu about how ace SPs are cos i wanted one.
i love my storm like, but i really wanted the sp(2).
only reason(s) i didnt bother was because my girl (at the time) said they were hideous - stupid woman, wtf do they know anyway lol....
and with 9 points on my licence, knowing what i'm like with the throttle....

instead i ride the storm as though it were an SP and will end up killing it (again) because of it.
nothing i can do will make it like an SP.

And can you also stop posting pictures of SPs please - it's like lusting after your mate's stunning new girl when you're stuck with a fat frigid wrinkly old munter :cry:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

benny hedges wrote:right, will you all please stfu about how ace SPs are cos i wanted one.
i love my storm like, but i really wanted the sp(2).
only reason(s) i didnt bother was because my girl (at the time) said they were hideous - stupid woman, wtf do they know anyway lol....
and with 9 points on my licence, knowing what i'm like with the throttle....

instead i ride the storm as though it were an SP and will end up killing it (again) because of it.
nothing i can do will make it like an SP.

And can you also stop posting pictures of SPs please - it's like lusting after your mate's stunning new girl when you're stuck with a fat frigid wrinkly old munter :cry:
pmsl!!! :clap: ok here's a pic of my cans...........sorry benny but there on my SP :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

If the Firestorm had fuel injection it'd be the purfect cheep all round alternative.
But as it doesn't I'll stick to my SP :thumbup:

She's all packed and ready to go now, Tim's off at the Dyno having his bike tuned, see y'all in a couple of week! :cool2
Maybe I'll have a different opinion of her by then :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tattie

Post by tattie »

Steve,
I had my storm for 8 years and loved it, the only thing that stopped me getting the SP at the time was lack of ££££££££ and other commitments. I was sorry to see the storm go as it was immaculate and in black with the gold wheels looked very nice.
Every time I saw an SP I would wish for one, the opportunity eventually came and I jumped at the chance. Was it worth the wait ? Kin hell yes, :thumbup:
It had the original suspension reworked by KAIS, is 2 teeth up on the rear sprocket (velcro on the butt modification required) and the "howl" from the air box has you giving it "just a bit more" before you approach the next corner :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2. I also have found it more comfortable than the storm, no wrist ache and numb fingers, (I await all the smutty comments) I think without a doubt it is going to be a classic classic :biggrin
It gets looked at and discussed more than any other more modern exotica.
If I was offered a straight swap for a newer SP2 I would keep the "ONE" nothing against the 2 but it is not for me.

Downsides are even with the 2 teeth up on the rear, it is lumpy around town, but it was not built as an around town bike :!:

Finally, I have a picture on the wall beside me, of the late great Joey Dunlop on the back wheel on his way to his 24th TT win in 2000, need I say any more.

Cheers

A.M.

ps, Sometimes you need to let your heart rule your head.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Got to agree Tattie, it's an ass on tight roundabouts, round town ect-your spot on. Again, like you say, that's not what SP's are about.

I forgot to mention the induction noise... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Head on the tank, with the Microns open you can hear it :thumbup: :wave: :twisted:

The gear cams sound lush too :twisted:

All in all it's just a very nice bike to ride. And a bit more "special" than anything I've had before. Had an old bloke at the local Aldi taking me through all the BSA, Vincent, Panther and Moto Morini's he'd had before this afternoon...

He's 82 and still riding a CG125 :thumbup: went to stoke on it last year 8O ...

Anyway, he was saying "I've had quiet bikes-like scooters. And louder bikes like my comando with cut pipes and loved them all..."

Then I fired up the SP and he had the biggest grin on his face while the Mrs & daughter were waving him to the car :lol: Made my day that did :thumbup:

Slightly off topic I know-but if a SP1 with straight through Micron's can make a old boy's day that'll do for me :thumbup:

If you fancy a nosey Steve PM me-I'm not far, we can sort something out :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Just for BH :mrgreen:

SP1's rock!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i see nothing.
blanked it out my mind.
just a cross in a box..... :oops:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:Beer Popcorn: :Saber:

Got to say, the shadow in the photo looks quite, erm, different :think: :lol:
SP1's rock!
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Well had a bit of a spin on a sp1 today and well what a great bike im in love its everything that the storm is plus everything that i want. So now on the look out for an sp just need to shift my storm wait for my bonus to come through and get buying fancy a laguna seca one but they seem quite rare. :thumbup: