Re: One of them days.

General Biker Banter
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

how did you manage to keep your shoe's clean? they would of been the first thing i wombles up as i kicked the crap out of the wheel!!!!

i hope you have a better day tomorrow, but hey, they say things happen for a reason, mayb it was not your night to be out on the bike!!!

dave
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Dont panic, there's a joke waiting for you at work.
Rich.

marravtr

Post by marravtr »

not a very good day then tim! :( ..... but on a plus note my local bikemeet tonite at MFN was packed, had a good blast round the backlanes of derbyshire too :thumbup: :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Must be a "Ying-Yang" thing mate...

My shoes were filthy, dusty and scruffy after the job we had at work. Ended up doing a fire safety demo at set of stabbles with muck all over...as they do... :)

On the plus side my suit, shirt, tie ect were A1 :thumbup: I did get home on time too :)

Was a bit hot and sticky though-the weathers been really muggy where we are over the last few days :beer:
SP1's rock!
tonyb

Post by tonyb »

you didnt miss much tim it was really quiet at hen and chicks
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

you should carry a tyreweld timbo and just pump the fker back up then get a new tyre when you can be arsed.
i keep one in the glovebox in both cars and a bike one under my seat just in case.
cba changing tyres cos it usually happens in the rain on the motorway on the drivers side...
you're back on the road in 5 mins.
they reckon the tyres fkt once youve used one but its baldrocks tbh, on the bike ive used them and then took the tyre off and scrubbed it up inside then pulled a repair stick through - job done.

cadburys have got some of my magnetic filters :thumbup:

i went to halifax to commission some new plant today and the manufs have left half the fkin bits out of the electrical panel, had a right run round trying to organise parts for tomorrow lol :Argue 1:
also got my butt kicked cos some lazy twats have left one of our sites in a sh1t state while i was off sick - had to take one for the team :/ :Ball Kick:

only consolation, i stayed clean, didnt even get my hands dirty :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
MacV2

Re: One of them days....stiff nuts.

Post by MacV2 »

Mac's top tips for stiff nuts pt.1.......

Overtight or stiff wheel nuts when trying to remove a wheel from your car? Carry a length of steel pipe about 12 to 18'' long that will slip over the wheel brace handle, Bobs your Mother or Farthers Brother, extra leverage that alows you to ease your nuts off. ( can also be used in road rage situations, not that I would condone such actions!)

pt2. For you suited & booted office working types, why not have a set/pair(?) of paper overalls in the boot to keep your threads clean in the event of having to do some manual labour? Add some wet wipes to remove any dirt from those lilly white hands. :wink: Go the whole hog & grab a pair of the paper shoe covers to keep you shoes clean.

I would have added pictures of the steel pipe, paper overalls, wet wipes & shoe covers but haven't got any so I can't.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Timbo wrote:
I am going to need pics though. If youy have none of the steel pipe etc, shoes will do.
this is a pipe.
probably a bit big for levering wheel nuts off with but i'm sure it has lots of other uses.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The steel pipe is deff not tongue in cheek, has come in usefull several times for me.(changing wheels not road rage.)

The paper overall is just common sense if you want to keep your threads clean in an emergency situation, might prove a bit tricky trying to put it on at the side of the M6 in a gale though.

The wet wipes again common sense really, hands get dirty you get back in to drive away & the steering wheel gets dirty, then you get an itchy nose & arrive at your meeting with a big grubby mark smeared across ya mug. Yeah highly proffesional.

The shoe protectors OK yeah tongue in cheek....You should always have a sturdy pair of boots in the boot in case of emergancies. :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...