Notice of Intended Prosecution :( wombles!

General Biker Banter
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Re: Notice of Intended Prosecution :( f*ck!

Post by RedStormV »

So what was the outcome? or is it still to be decided?

If they offer you points and a fine with no court appearance, take it FFS!

Speaking from experience, the websites saying what you can expect, are based on the magistrates guidelines .... the big clue here being Guidelines. The magistrates are free to go beyond or show leniancy (like that's going to happen! :evil: )

What you get depends on where you were speeding, the court it's heard in, the excess speed you were doing etc etc.

TBH for the alleged speed, if you're summonsed to appear, you're better off sending a guilty plea in (the earlier the better), with a nice letter of mitigation (miserable pleadings). The points, ban, fine etc are reduced by an early guilty plea.

Looking at what you're expecting to pay a brief, your fine is unlikely to come to that amount.

You don't get a disqualification and points, you get one or the other.

If you were looking at a ban then the following might be useful.

A ban up to 56 days, your licence is stamped by the magistrates with the date your ban finishes. If it's over 56 days you have to surrender your licence to the clerk of the court. You can aply for your licence back 3 months (I think - check DVLA website) before the end of your ban. It will cost you £60 to get your licence back after a disqualification (might be more for a DD but in this case irrelelvant).

Might be an idea to have a solicitor make and 'official' photo copy of your licence (both bits), which they'll rubber stamp and sign to say it's a true copy. They might charge you about £30 for this but if there's any discrepancies when you get your licence back you can challenge the DVLA with it.

Me? - think I posted it previously.

122mph in a 60 on a notorious road in North Yorks, judged by North Yorks court in Skipton.
Road was empty apart from the unmarked car in the layby I didn't see. Conditions were dry and bright.
65 day ban, £250 fine, £45 court costs, £15 victims fund.

Renewed my bike insurance in March, increase on my premium of approx £29 on last year - bargain!

:thumbup:
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

I got a NIP through yesterday - only a 57 in a 50 (A5, Watling Street)

Gonna shut up, and pay up. Surprised they could read the plate - the bike was on its nose.... 8O
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

vtrbarmy

Post by vtrbarmy »

Given you were doing almost twice the speed limit, and they are just going for a fixed penalty, I'd cough up and take it on the chin. If you go to court they could take a different view regards the fine and start looking at percentage of salary.

£60? Consider it getting off light. The points, nothing you can do anyway.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cliveyandrews wrote:I got a NIP through yesterday - only a 57 in a 50 (A5, Watling Street)

.... 8O
blimey that came through quick eh??? was it from the harley shop the other day / week?
that's marginal tbh.
speed like that they very often make you watch a vid or go on a speed awareness course - for a price, you know the ones...
but no points.

they run them on the business park where i work am & pm, 2 rooms so it must be a big moneyspinner.
they just started doing same for traffic light offences as well.
was talking to one of the lecturers and he said a lot are in for going through yellows.

not many know a yellow means stop - unless it is unsafe to do so.
i never stop at yellows cos i dont want slamming in the butt lol :crazy:

they got my mum a while ago, little old lady lol - 23 in a 20 - new speed limit, used to be a 30.
near warrington tech in case anyone's passing - be carefull, theres always mobile cams there, they must be making a fortune :Argue 1:
me mam had to go in a mobile van and watch a 15 min vid showing safety ads off telly, but no fine.

personally i find 20mph almost impossible to keep up, you spend more time watching the speedo so surely it can't be safer???
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

I'm still waiting for the wombles to turn up in the post!

just gona go guilty asap, just want it over and done with now
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

FirestormMike wrote:
benny hedges wrote:personally i find 20mph almost impossible to keep up
Well if you had a different colour bike, say yellow, you would find that it actually goes past this magical number and up to speeds well in excess of 100mph.
rofl you fecker lol :Ball Kick:

i don't doubt yellow storms can reach a ton, it's their riders that can't :lol:
(unless we're talking weight!)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
VTR Jay

Post by VTR Jay »

MJONESY wrote:i would ask for the photographic evidence first of all, if nothing else it buys you a bit more time,
Yeah great idea. For what it's worth, there was a case in the Magistrates Court here in Australia recently that really caused a shitfight... This guy challenged the accuracy of a speed camera. The Magistrate therefore ordered that the Prosecution produce a witness who could testify to the device being a "Scientific Device ". The Prosecutor therefore issued a notice to the Transport Authority requesting scientific based means of establishing the device's accuracy. This went on for months until eventually the Magistrate got the shits and threw the case out of court. The result was in essence, that the Prosecution could not establish or provide an expert witness or evidence to prove the device is a "scientific device ".

Millions of infringements had to be withdrawn and monies refunded.

The Law is designed to scare, intimidate, and frustrate. Its never been, nor will it ever be about the truth. I once heard a Lawyer say, "never let the truth get in the way of a good defense...lol "

It's about which side has the best story...the most plausible, interesting, and persuasive....
There are certain conditions that must be met before the cops can park a "Flash For Cash " van. This differs from country to country, state to state, but its a good read if you have the time.

Cheers.

:beer:
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

VTR Jay wrote: There are certain conditions that must be met before the cops can park a "Flash For Cash " van. This differs from country to country, state to state, but its a good read if you have the time.
:
PMSL at the term "Flash for cash" - I have duly added it to my lexicon....

:clap:

Audi, Vide, Tace

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Hee Hee,

Now now Tim you'll make things worse, IF he drops by & reads that he'll be after you waving a lettuce leaf in a threatning manner, don't think for a second you'll be able to outrun him...remmeber those nice speedy trainers he purchased! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Midget,Gem,Midget,Gem,Midget,Gem,Crispy Crispy Lettuce. Get some down ya neck, think how it will improve your power to weight ratio!
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Timbo wrote:
and STOP talking about lettuce and stuff, makes me feel ill, i can feel myself getting thinner just reading it :)

Count yourself lucky.

I'm currently suing Asda; they had a big sign up in the biscuit aisle saying
"Cheese Thins".

Lying b8stard, I put on two stone eating the stuff morning, noon and night.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

meanwhile back on the farm.................I got done by a camera van............saw it and thought mmmmmmmmm they cant see my plate from the back window, can they? as I wizzed past thinking I'm safe..........looks like they had a camera in the front too............bugger
it may be clever, but its not big.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Update on mine - got a letter from Warwick County - offering a safety awareness course - 0 points, but the £60 fine - result!

Audi, Vide, Tace

steveb

Post by steveb »

RAINMAKER wrote:meanwhile back on the farm.................I got done by a camera van............saw it and thought mmmmmmmmm they cant see my plate from the back window, can they? as I wizzed past thinking I'm safe..........looks like they had a camera in the front too............bugger

They zap you from the front (with photo evidence) then if you contest it, it's you verus copper and home office approved caliberated devices in Court!!!
I think the days of loop holes were gone in the 90's!!!
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

We had a drive safe day for the kids at the school where I work the other day. The had a mobile camera van in doing a demo. I got chatting to the guy who operates it about all the gadgets it has etc.
Here is what he told me. The laser picks up the vehicle that is speeding approx 500m away. This triggers the video into action. The video tries to record the reg of the vehicle and the face of the driver. There are four camera's all connected to the main recorder. The one at the back one on each side and a front facing camera to catch bikes who think they wont get caught.

So the upshot is if you speed near a camera van ur fecked. Not just still pics they have but video evidence also.

Jazz :thumbup:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good