10 years

General Biker Banter
vtrmarkone

10 years

Post by vtrmarkone »

Hi all
Had my storm for 10 years now and its still fantastic , only ride in the summer now but it still gives me that big grin every time i'm out .
Has anyone else had theirs a long time ?
Mark
BEHAVE or i'll beat you like a ginger stepchild !!
Buckers

Re: 10 years

Post by Buckers »

Today is my 1 day anniversary, as of 1pm!

Lovely day here. Just going to wash it and might take a pic if anyone is interested
andyh

Post by andyh »

Bought mine new when the W plate came out March 2000, still love it to bits, just can't help but giggle to myself
when riding it! rest of my mates have had 4 or 5 other bikes in that time and are always moaning about them so
I reckon I made a good choice :D
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Buckers wrote:Just going to wash it and might take a pic if anyone is interested
Go on then :D We like pics!

Don't have Storm anymore. Do have a Honda with VTR wrote on it, and yes, I love it. Only 5 month in, 10 years deserves a :clap: nice one :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
firestorm jedi

Post by firestorm jedi »

Had mine for seven years now. It rocks. Only just put bellypan on. Longest and best relationship I've ever had. Did stray yesterday by looking at a ZX10R but for ten grand, i think not. Storm all the way. Good effort on ten years though. :clap: Love to see the pics.... :Beer Popcorn:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

10 years for me too!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

vtrmarkone

Post by vtrmarkone »

Nice one , must be good bikes if 2 of us have had ours for 10 years , trying to post some pics of mine but not a clue how to do it .
Mark
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

had loads of bikes over the years but the couple ive owned the longest were storms! but like jb ive moved onto the SP last year and love it! so in another 9 years i'll prob put up the same post :thumbup: :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

upload your pic to imageshack, then paste the direct link between the [img] brackets when you click the img tab above (when you're posting)
if it's too big you can resize it when you upload to imageshack, or use microsoft image resizer (free) :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
vtrmarkone

Post by vtrmarkone »

]
Last edited by vtrmarkone on Thu May 13, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

10 years with mine also!
vtrmarkone wrote:Nice one , must be good bikes if 2 of us have had ours for 10 years , trying to post some pics of mine but not a clue how to do it .
Mark
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Use the image resizer as you've uploaded hires images - then Take the 'direct' link to the image and paste it between the img code

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/ Image Resizer Powertoy Clone for Windows vista & win 7

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Down ... rtoys.mspx Image Resizer Powertoy - Win XP

viola (resizing does alter the wavelength of light so it can subtly 'stretch' the colours) :p

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

according to the V5, I bought mine 29-9-2000, so not 10yrs ...............yet.

Like you, it still makes me smile when I ride it.......the noise, the torque, the character..... and even though I have tried a blade on the race track with the Ron Haslam race school, I know I cant be trusted with that kind of power on the public roads..........nearly 50 and still no self control!

Anyway, my view is that you have the most fun when you are on the edge of control, so you are better having a bike with lower limits, it will only get very messy otherwise!
AMcQ