Re: While it was in bits, i thought i'd just....

General Bike chat
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Always thought Firestorms suited a smaller sprocket and Maxxis rubber Tim, cheers :biggrin

Glad you enjoyed :thumbup: Saw a nice CB1300S our way this avo 8)
SP1's rock!
tattie

Post by tattie »

Timbo,
I know what you mean my SP is up 2 on the back sprocket :crazy: Were you brave enough to give it a mega handfull :cool2 the only thing is it can induce heart attack symptoms when you glance down at the speedo and it is reading :eek2 190 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 especially on the approach to a tight corner.

cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Dunno Tim tbh, all I've heard is praise for Maxxis tyres IL4/V2/Triple etc, etc...

Suppose all I can do is try some at some point?

Not done enough miles on the Avons that Mike fitted to warrant fitting anything atm...

Maxxis do look good value. Dunno if Vtwin power pulses would make much difference? Bet the CB chucks plenty of torque out :twisted:
SP1's rock!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:D :D :D
Now you know why I think it's the best bang for your bucks. :thumbup:
It's like adding another 20 bhp for less than £30.

Probably a good idea to put the original ones on for the trip but I bet it would be well good to have that extra pickup in the Alps :D Well you do want to keep up with me and Dave don't you :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
garymitch

Post by garymitch »

iv bought a 1- tooth sprocket for the front of my vtr. so hope to get it on this next week and see if it makes a big diffrence.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

:D :D :D
I think you'll like the results 8)
Just remember to keep the clutch piston held in place when removing the sprocket cover The piston has a tendancey to push out and all your clutch fluid will follow it given half a chance.

Pete.l
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Timbo said
I dont need big sprockets to catch a storm, but SP is a different matter i'm sure (i think you would be pleasantly surprised at how nippy a CB13 is )
Anything which has a 100 bhp or more is more than capable of keeping up on the roads. I don't think we will have to worry about "waiting" for each other. The bikes are probably more capable than we are :wink: I'm a more "getting there in one piece" kinda guy these days and whilst i do like to take the odd chance, I'm more selective than I used to be :wink: or is that wiser than I used to be :D probably boils down to the same thing.
Either way, three different bikes all better at three diffferent things, we'll save our Richard measuring for those I ties down in Mugello, they won't know what's hit em :thumbup:

Pete.l
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Unless woodworm sets in halfway through France :D :D :D :D
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Downgearing is one of the best bangs-per-bucks that you can make (after all, who needs 170MPH on the roads????). My blade is -1 on the front +2 on the rear......it makes it much snappier on the throttle.

The Gearing Commander website is invaluable for working out the changes, and a Speedohealer will correct the odometer.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Pete.L wrote::D :D :D
I think you'll like the results 8)
Just remember to keep the clutch piston held in place when removing the sprocket cover The piston has a tendancey to push out and all your clutch fluid will follow it given half a chance.

Pete.l
I let my piston come out cause of virginal expertise in this area and it took 1.5 hours to bleed, small reservoir its a pain.....
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Timbo wrote:i now ride like a tw@ :) Everywhere.
rofltastic! :thumbup:
same as mine with -2 on the front.
never really been one for wheelies but bloody thing just does em on it's own now!
the plan was to drop the top speed for same reason as yours but i end up riding everywhere at triple figures - on one wheel!! :crazy:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.