Cardinal sins.....

General Biker Banter
rattler

Cardinal sins.....

Post by rattler »

Hi all

Some time ago I did a really really bad thing - and for the longest time I didn't take my bike out! Long story, shortened, got hitched and for various reasons, mostly good ones I guess, the bike was kind of frowned upon so, cos she worried so much whenever I did go out I pretty much stopped riding. I even contemplated selling it once or twice but just couldn't bring myself to do it - I've had her 7 years almost after all and I LOVE that bike!!!!

Anyway, now that the hitching is coming undone and I'm living on my own my neglected Storm is my friend again and although dusty, a little stiff and showing signs of her age in places the good old girl that she is started on the button first time and is starting to get the tlc that she didn't get for so long. Lots to do, I've a feeling that I'll be getting REAL friendly with the autosol and assorted cleaning products in the next few weeks and I am beginning to wonder just how much maintenance you really can do with Honda San's on board tools...!!! :)

Before she was forced to live in the garage behind the mower (oh the ignomy of it all...) she was, and therefore still is, a '98, red, 35k miles+ beauty with high level ART cans, Ohlins on the back, Revolutioned forks up front (hmmm, note to self, new bushes needed), braided lines, twin at the front, lower fairing and double bubble. My former boss knocked her over once and cracked the fairing and it's starting to get ugly now (those pressure pulses are splitting it like an over-ripe fruit) so I've a set of cut-down ones ready to go on when I can get hold of a drilled yoke, renthals and longer brake lines.

Bless her, she still sets my heart a-flutter - and alarms off up & down the road too!!

I'll probably be around a bit, maybe count me in for your summer run and if the seemingly growing number of storm owners in this area want to go have some fun then give me a shout.

If I could get my head around the images thing I'd put them up too - but it would appear that I can't..... Maybe one of you lovely people can put me right on that...?

MJONESY

Re: Cardinal sins.....

Post by MJONESY »

images should appear below for you, lovely looking bike

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

look at your last post for pic help. http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 36#p129736
you can just paste your link between the img brackets when you use the Img tab above when you're posting, but i find it easier t just type the brackets - [img] [./img] without the .
*ed - see you got it now!!

good news you're doing your own thing.
despise women who try to change me, look down at my friends, and disapprove of everything i do, used to do, want to do.
why do they say they want you and then go out of their way to change you lol

im starting to feel relieved at not going down the road i was heading.... nuff said. :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
rattler

Post by rattler »

Ah bless ya.

She may be an old girl but she'll still drop her skirt and flash her undercarriage from time to time and that's enough for me.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

greetings from just up the A12! Good to see another red un

Should be down your neck of the woods during the summer trying to hit cricket balls at the shortest boundary or passing trains whichever is closest :eek2
I am beginning to wonder just how much maintenance you really can do with Honda San's on board tools...!!!

A man can never have enough tools - to Halfords with ya
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wicky wrote:
Yep.
Buy tools you don't need for jobs you don't know how to do. But good quality ones, obviously. It's a false economy to buy cheap tools.

Sooner or later you'll be in the garage rummaging around for a 6 volt left-handed bearing release positionary angular stud fixator, with reverse ratchet strap, and Halford's will be shut- then where will you be?*

(* on the phone to me asking for a borrow, probably :D)
Last edited by tony.mon on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Wicky wrote:
halfords professional series - good as snap-off

but if there is a 'machine mart' near you they are well worth a look.
they used to sell garbage but lately have some pro toolage and possibly the cheapest place you will find.
don't buy a manual btw, you can download firestorm, sp1 and sp2 workshop manual for free.
this page takes a while to load but it is genuine and free.
http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.