THREE SISTERS FOR A FIVER.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

ChrisC

THREE SISTERS FOR A FIVER.

Post by ChrisC »

Next Tuesday 13 oct the Three Sisters race circuit is open from 3-9 pm to any biker who fancies a go, The fee of a fiver for three laps which goes to charity.The circuit is at Three Sisters road,
Ashton in Makerfield
Wigan
Lancashire WN48DD
tonyb

Re: THREE SISTERS FOR A FIVER.

Post by tonyb »

went last month, is it the full circuit this time?
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Sorry Tony , I got this info second hand.just thought it might be of some use to the next budding "Toseland".If you go again ride safe...
Cheers Chris.
grinner

Post by grinner »

Damn, not what I was expecting when I saw the thread title. :shifty:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

used to race there in the opens in 80's on a suzi x7 and believe it or not a gp125 lol :)
beware, that track is like glass, deadly after a light rain.
low gearing essential for the right handers but a great short track.
best to get on there after the karts when there's fresh rubber down.

had some great times there. best i ever got was a blue rosette, and fell off going past haydock park on the way home!

3 laps is like 6 minutes tops lol but worth it for a good cause. :D
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

grinner wrote:Damn, not what I was expecting when I saw the thread title. :shifty:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

2 sisters would be good, 3 might be too much..........and if they are only charging a fiver they may be a bit rough..........you may need 3 paper bags.
benny hedges wrote:used to race there in the opens in 80's on a suzi x7 and believe it or not a gp125 lol :)
I used to race there in the 90's, but the bike was even more bizarre......a 100mph MZ250 based racer. I think I still hold the class [Formula Lightweight] lap record for 3-sisters, but only because they dont race that class there anymore.

Great track for small bikes, but way too tight for the big bikes..........I could lap almost as fast as the RC30's in the Open class.
And yes the surface had a strange combination of being very abrasive and having low grip back then.

Edit......yes I am still the lap record holder :D click here for MZ Lap Records
A great and cheap form of racing if any of you want to try it out. Close racing and lots of good crack..........also good if you like tinkering, as it is easier to make one off parts for a single that matched pair for a twin.
AMcQ
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Alister , aye no bad for a farmer far Corsock :thumbup: ,

..........that area of Scotland is known for good racers ,was there not one from Twynholm just near you.......goes by the initials of DC , liked a bit of shagging ,owns a wee hoose in Monaco..... :lol:
Stevie