knee down

General Bike chat
mark skett

knee down

Post by mark skett »

hi folks
just thought i'd mention i got my knee down for the 1st time last week and was really pleased finally broke my virginity. tried it again within mins and back end kicked out 'sh1t myself' saw the light for a second or 2. but was still over the moon had a grin all way home.
Fireman on a Storm

Re: knee down

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

First time I got my knee done was into the chicane at donnington in the wet.
Trouble was it was rapidly followed by my hip back shoulder and head :whatever
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

First time i got my knee down i ended up gettin married(not quite the same thing) :oops:
gilson

Post by gilson »

ChrisC wrote:First time i got my knee down i ended up gettin married(not quite the same thing) :oops:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
No bike (yet).
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I'll be honest...i've never had my knee down......i've honestly never tried....i'd like to try but can't afford repairs if it all went wrong ,so i don't bother trying :(
I can remember the first time i got my "leg over" though :wink: ........aye...those were the days :roll: :lol:
Stevie
mark skett

Post by mark skett »

great comments lads lol
trigger

Post by trigger »

getting your knee down is not needed but its like a wheelie you wanna be able to do it!
you bike can really go a hell of a lot futher than your brains thinks!
heres a quick guide!
1- get those tyres nice and warm
2- choose a suitable quiet location i.e a nice small roundabout
about 10-15 meters wide. The smaller the roundabout the less speed needed.
3- In my eyes the most important thing ! do a nice normal lap of roundabout to make sure theres no gravel or oil etc.
4- Now for body postion (very important) lots of people or hanging off the bike something shocking but there top half is still over the tank, twisting there knee in rather than out.
5- Have one cheek one the seat and having feet tip toes on the pegs pushing your knee out.
6 - The important secret is while doing this you need to have your head at the side of the bike as if you where looking past the side of the mirror and keeping your arms nice and slow(this postioning feels weird at first but when you get used to it it will feel normal)
7- now do a few laps in 2nd or 3rd gear getting comfortable with your new riding postion make sure to always look where you wanna go and DON'T look down at your knee .
8- keep a nice steady speed that feels comfortable and hopefully after a few laps u'll have touch down.

keep me posted
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yep good advice, also watch the MCN Kneedown vid on youtube its pretty good. For godsake watch out for man hole covers , drains or anything that can catch your slider (it hurts).
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

It's even worse when on a roundabout, you're commited to the apex, knee kissing the tarmac and you get a 50th Anniversay GSXR 750 coming towards you on it's side at about 60... 8O
SP1's rock!
Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

trigger wrote:getting your knee down is not needed but its like a wheelie you wanna be able to do it!
you bike can really go a hell of a lot futher than your brains thinks!
heres a quick guide!
1- get those tyres nice and warm
2- choose a suitable quiet location i.e a nice small roundabout
about 10-15 meters wide. The smaller the roundabout the less speed needed.
3- In my eyes the most important thing ! do a nice normal lap of roundabout to make sure theres no gravel or oil etc.
4- Now for body postion (very important) lots of people or hanging off the bike something shocking but there top half is still over the tank, twisting there knee in rather than out.
5- Have one cheek one the seat and having feet tip toes on the pegs pushing your knee out.
6 - The important secret is while doing this you need to have your head at the side of the bike as if you where looking past the side of the mirror and keeping your arms nice and slow(this postioning feels weird at first but when you get used to it it will feel normal)
7- now do a few laps in 2nd or 3rd gear getting comfortable with your new riding postion make sure to always look where you wanna go and DON'T look down at your knee .
8- keep a nice steady speed that feels comfortable and hopefully after a few laps u'll have touch down.

keep me posted
see my sig :wink: