Wiring the ignition into the kill switch

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
gilson

Wiring the ignition into the kill switch

Post by gilson »

Since I've lost my key and have taken the barrel off, could i wire teh ignition into the kill switch? Can't be that hard but any advice would be great..

It would be safer in a spill and I can't loose the keys!!

Thanks
No bike (yet).
Phil-VTwin

Re: Wiring the ignition into the kill switch

Post by Phil-VTwin »

not really, the ign switch is designed to take the current required for the whole bike, the kill switch is a low current device.

Join the IGN and FAN wires together then put a switch between these and the BAT line
Ride Safe
Phil
gilson

Post by gilson »

That's good to know.. thanks
No bike (yet).
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

what he said martyn, then your fan will also be on all the time keeping the bike cooler!! win win

dave
gilson

Post by gilson »

OK, I understand what you are saying, but the idea is for when I fall off again (hopefully never, but it's going to happen), when the marshalls come and get it they can then hit the engine off button and the ignition will also turn off.

At Brands, the bike stalled (which is good) but fuel started to leak out as it was on it's side and the fuel drain pipe came off the tank so it dripped out. The ignition was still on... maybe this isn't as dangerous as it seems, but the Marshalls were certainly stressed a little more than usual!!!

I know there isn't a specific racing harness for the VTR... maybe a key is the best!
No bike (yet).
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Just run it though a relay it will be fine. :D