hi all ( Again )

General Biker Banter
Jbrebel

Re: hi all ( Again )

Post by Jbrebel »

Oh, thats rubbish Chux's...

Hope your Mrs has a speedy recovery and the bike gets fixed up for you.
SP1's rock!
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

thanks for all the support peeps..
was happy to be back on the forums with my bike starting to look like i always wanted it and living closer to many i have met on here over the last 18 months and looking forward to meeting and riding out with you all.

then a random fall and pfffft.

any way.........................

have a few questions to run by every one,,
here is the scenario....
a lot hinges on the call back from the job i applied for. if they call and offer me the job on monday i presume they are wanting me to start asap..
if they dont then all this is trivial and pointless but i like to know my options prior to any situation.

IF i get it then i need 2wheels asap as i STILL have not passed my car test.. im in the middle of doing it now.. but its by no means a quick fix.

what would i be looking at selling the bike as it is?
what to breakers usually offer?
list of damage,
all to right side ( when sat on bike )
fairing smashed,
mirror smashed
handle bars bent.
tank scuffed
rear tail plastic scratched
crank case cover cracked,
harris rear set bent, ( CRY )
foot peg snapped ( have spare )
micron carbon exhaust cracked ( still have originals, )
i could be wrong but think the one of the braided hoses for the front breaks has been damaged. not 100% sure though.

my missus's parents came round and offered to pay for what ever is needed to get it back on the road IF i get the job.

i know its minimal cost n time to buy bits to get it back on the road so its rideable.
i have lots of spare bits n bobs for that.
but i would hate to spend the time only to find out some thing is bent and putting me back to square one.
i tend to want to wash my hands of a bike when this happens.
kinda like when your partner cheats on you ... you dont want to go dipping your dipper where some one else has..
even though i can patch up the bike,, i know whats gone on and it wont feel the same..

so the other option was to sell this as it is and i can get a grand or 2 towards another bike.
and tilstons in stockton have a yamm 1300 or it might have been the honda in for just over 2k...
have just checked their webiste and i might have got mixed up on the price... oh well will pop in to have a butchers 2morrow.

lots of questions in there i know but all comments off topic n stupid or constructive are appreciated as always..

cheers guys n girls.
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Oh sh1t mate thats bad news hope the girlfriend gets better soon. :thumbup:

As for the bike know what you mean about it not feeling the same after an off but if you need to use it then i would say just get it rideable until you are a little more secure in your new job or have passed your car test then decide what to do with it. If you have lots of parts to use i am sure people off here will help out just to get you up and running again. If i have any bits you need you are more than welcome to them to help out. Hope you get sorted. :thumbup: