Which tyres

General Bike chat
O-Ring

Post by O-Ring »

I've used Sportec M1 on my previous bike (cbr600f), great tear....road..track....dry or wet...for me the best tire of sport-touring bike. I've never used this tire on my vtr...now use Metz rennsport (sc 2-3) on track and road....very good....but in Italy always sun.... :P

Hi guys
jooshead

Post by jooshead »

Stay away from Michellin pilot sports. (Michellin Banana Lards as we now call them)

Two completely unexplained low-sides on two different tracks - only had 1000 miles on them. So off they came well they had to, the second crash farked the bike!
hmmmmmmmnn cubes & carbs...
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

pirelli diablo corsas fitted front and back, so far i cant fault them
excellent handling and stabitity either wet or dry,dont know how long they will last though.... but they do instill confidence when exuberant cornering on firm throttle is called for.only drawback is they were a bit pricey. :wink:
Druid

Post by Druid »

Another vote for Bridgestones. I have 020s front and rear, can't fault them (apart from the price). Good grip, good feel, great in the wet.
Proudest Monkey

Post by Proudest Monkey »

Well as i don't need a new front, i have opted to get another dunlop... 208 for the rear this time... next time round i might look at something else.
She's Matte black and FULL-O-BEAUTY
and now sounding sweeter than ever with the new High Rise StainTunes :D

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/displa ... StainTunes
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Yup, I've recently had Azaros fitted too. I'd had the AV35/36 on the VFR, but these are quite different.
I've got the AV49-SP on the front, and an AV46-ST on the rear. As you can no doubt tell from the codes, these are the sport and sport-touring versions respectively.
So far, they are great! Good in the wet, great in the dry, and a nice feel.
Only problem so far was a puncture in the rear one. :( A smallish nail that just missed a tread block. But the guy who sold/fitted them fixed it for free, so that was good. :)
When I bought them, I wasn't keen, but was given a 1000km tryout, with a promise that if I didn't like them, they'd be replaced with something else for free.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
steve trow

Post by steve trow »

Just fitted metzeler z3's £145 a pair fitted to loose wheels. Seem fine and dandy for fast a' road-b'road use. Nice deep tread pattern for wet use. Bike feels stable and well planted, seems to turn in quicker than the hi sports they replaced..........

8O If you can find the limit of these on the road you should be on either a podium or up in front of the rozzers! :twisted: :wink:
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Bought the BT 010's yesterday, initial thoughts are that they are bloody good, need a few more miles on them.

Any recommendations on tyre pressures other tham stock 36 F 42 R ?
Badger

Post by Badger »

Druid wrote:Another vote for Bridgestones. I have 020s front and rear, can't fault them (apart from the price). Good grip, good feel, great in the wet.
£160.00 deliverd http://www.busters-online.c.o.uk

Alan :D