Hasting Direct.....NCB BEWARE

Best deals in town
Stormrider

Hasting Direct.....NCB BEWARE

Post by Stormrider »

Just to let you all know I have had my insurance with Hastings Direct last year. I have 11 years no claims now & was suprised when my renewal came through they only gave me 6!!!!!!!!!

As many insurers require proof of NCB from your renewal notice, this affects the premium big style.

After 8 calls to Hastings Direct, they agreed to send a letter confirming my true number of NCB (after the policy ceased) and they only stated 6 because this is their maximum bonus.

The letter came today & hey presto......6 years NCB :(

As luck has it my new insurer (Bennetts) will accept any policy renewal notice within 2 years so I'm ok.

Sorry its been a rant....just thought you should all know so you can check with any possible insurer at renewal time!!!!

ps 4 times I called, they leave you in a que on the phone & when they do answer.....they pick the phone up and imediately hang up!!!!!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I dont know if those figures matter much , i go by the final price , and by that i also mean the %apr if yer paying monthly ,and if cover is identical or better :!:

I know what you're saying ,but if , say,...15 years ncb = 70%discount with one company ,and you go to change providers and their max is 6years but still give 70% discount ,it surely works out the same :?
Stevie
solorider

Re: Hasting Direct.....NCB BEWARE

Post by solorider »

most companies only say upto 5 years,that is the max discount,it does not matter if you have 5 years or 50 years you will only get 5 years ncb
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Most companies I've tried for a quote are the same now :!: As Stevie and Solo say, that's the norm,

Chris.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

yes most ins companies only offer 5+ years as a max now, i havnt claimed in 25 yrs so in theory i have 25 yrs no claims...was with bennetts and they just tride to charge me 4 times what ive been paying the last 5 yrs or so...sod that, they say its down to ALL ins policies going up...anyways went back to swinton' for my new bike ( a new sv650s) and best they could do is £88 all in inc breakdown...still not bad mindst :biggrin
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You kept that a bit quiet Lee :!: What happened to the scooter :?:

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Ah, SV650 :)
SP1's rock!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

sirch345 wrote:You kept that a bit quiet Lee :!: What happened to the scooter :?:

Chris.
i killed it :eek2 ....fixed under warranty and sold!...got my money back too :biggrin
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I remember that problem with the scooter.

The SV650's are meant to be good :!:

Chris.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

oh aye cracking bike chris, infact i reckon best ive rode in 25 years!! :eek2