Be gentle, it's my first time....

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
firestorm jedi

Be gentle, it's my first time....

Post by firestorm jedi »

Hello All, New member of your forum here. Couldn't think of anything witty, so opted for calling myself Firestorm Jedi. I've had my 'storm for about five years now and love it more every time I ride it. She's currently hibernating but I feel it's time she's earned a treat or two and so it's to you good people I turn to for advice. I'm looking at the fairing under tray and a couple of new cans and have happened upon a "pyramid" under belly and a couple of blue flame cans. Are these items good? Can anyone suggest better? I've found said items on motorcycle road and race website. I'm open to suggestions and hope you don't mind making a few. Other than that, this being my first time on your website I'm pleased to be here and look forward to much hapless (though clearly important) banter. Cheers....
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Re: Be gentle, it's my first time....

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Welcome young Jedi, (or old) :D . You have certainly found the right forum for the Firestorm / VTR. Lots of friendly peeps on here + a wealth of information on the boards. Have fun and enjoy your stay post plenty hey if you can get some pics up of your vtr.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Hello there
firestorm jedi wrote:Couldn't think of anything witty
No different from most on here then :wink:
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard firestorm jedi :!: :D

Pyramid Plastic's make good bellypans, and Blue flame seem pretty good too. I myself like my hi-level Scorpion cans.

Cheers,

Chris.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I have a Pyramid bellypan and Scorpion cans on mine too. Oh, and its has been agreed that Yellow is the fastest colour as well :lol:
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

firestorm jedi

Post by firestorm jedi »

Such a warm welcome. Many thanks. I'm a young Jedi (31 should quantify as young?!). My bike is a '98 Firestorm with only a paltry 11,000 miles on her clocks. I'm strictly a sunshine biker so she's never seen any rain. In fact she doesn't know what rain is. Hopefully this won't incur me an outcast status too quick. I've seen there are blue ones and yellow ones racing ahead for the "mines best" award. I like to be the grey man so I'll stick to my..........black one. If I can work out how to do it I'll put some photo's of her the forum. Also then if everyone is in favour and I have your full support then I shall go for a pyramid belly pan and blue flame cans. I trust these are nice and noisy does anyone know. I'd be going for the £350 ovals. I have Remus cans at the moment but there just for the time being. Not loud enough. Cheers for now.....
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

ow do matey, pyramids the best looking one out there, sold the remus cans i had on mine, got some quiet microns on now :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Welcome, it's a friendly forum, not cliquey like some can be.

The blueflames will sounds sweeeeet, pretty loud and bassy. Bellypan is down to taste.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

Welcome!

Get the beers in :biggrin
firestorm jedi

Post by firestorm jedi »

Hurrah, what a great bunch. I shall crack on with the cans and pans and then attempt to get photos on here..... Help will probably be needed. Can't even manage to get one of those smilies on here. A padawhat? Marravtr's cans look very impressive. Nice storm too!!!
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

ello chap, anyone would think this be a custom site with all the modifications going on :lol:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
firestorm jedi

Post by firestorm jedi »

Padawan. Er.......ok. :oops: Firestorm Ewok doesn't really work though does it........!? :?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hi.
With the miles on mine, it's more like "start wreck" than "star wars".
Welcome!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Bluefox

Post by Bluefox »

Hello mate,

Don't under estimate the force, :roll: