Any Idea how this could have happened??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
leighx

Any Idea how this could have happened??

Post by leighx »

Took bike for an MOT yesterday and got this sent to me from the inspector!

I have never had the back wheel out. (Only had it 6 weeks) Everytime I have cleaned the back end it has looked ok and no movement while cleaning. Surely it cannot just pop out?? I'm also sure that the swinging arm is not that bowed!!

I also know that it is dirty as I rode across town in the rubbish weather to get it done :)

firestarter1977

Re: Any Idea how this could have happened??

Post by firestarter1977 »

i would say unless the tang on the swinger has come off it has never been put back right when last owner had wheel out. It might have just been resting on the tang and still allowing brake operation. Not sure if that is possible tho

the thunder rolls on!!!
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

take it off useless anyway :roll:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Easily resolved - did they fail it?

Theoretically as long as the brake did it's job when they tested it's efficiency, maybe it should have passed.

Practically - it should be where it's meant to be so perhaps classed as dangerous or mis-operating, hence a fail.

Last owner or whoever had wheel out last might have struggled and though it was located correctly, it only shifting afterwards.

TBH can be the only explanation unless as said, the tang (is that the right name for it? I thought they were fish) is missing or worn right down, which is highly unlikely.