New to Site

General Bike chat
Vstormer

Post by Vstormer »

Hi you NZ lot :D
Are any of you ex Brits? The reason I ask is I want to know what NZ riding is like compared to UK, roads, speed limits, police attitudes etc. I ask because I think it is nearly time to vacate our overcrowded little island where English is quickly becoming the second language.
What are your winter riding conditions like?

Dylan
DD

Post by DD »

Vstormer wrote:Hi you NZ lot :D
Are any of you ex Brits? The reason I ask is I want to know what NZ riding is like compared to UK, roads, speed limits, police attitudes etc. I ask because I think it is nearly time to vacate our overcrowded little island where English is quickly becoming the second language.
What are your winter riding conditions like?

Dylan

Hi there, I'm k1w1 always have been apart from a stint in Brisbane.... now If I was you thats were I'd be going.
Now your in the midlands thats a big place but lets say you are near Birmingham if so, thats not far from Stroud were friends of mine have recently moved back from.
So in comparason as far as weather goes to here in Christchurch its about the same, as is coppa attitudes but open pipes arnt a problem. Of course the weather is a lot warmer up north but then you would have the same suituation as you have now.
The reasons you want out is the same as why my friends came back. Its a small place here not a lot of roads to chose from but the roads are better than what you are used (condition, population etc) but in 21 years of riding them I still enjoy them.
Winter riding conditions.......well dont know cos I dont ride in winter but then I'm a rather large pussy most of my mates still ride.
cheers Darryl
Vstormer

Post by Vstormer »

Thanks for the replies lads, looks like time to go have a look :D
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Heyup - me again.

NZVTR - be careful with what zorsts you put on the 'Storm, as you may have trouble getting them past WOF checks (and police checkpoints).
It helps if you buy them from someone who does WOFs *and* sells pipes, like Kerry at Motohaus (next door to Motomail in Kingsland). Same with braided lines, which is why if you look at my sig, it doesn't say "BSR" braided lines any more, as the BSR-Aerotek lines didn't have the COT compliance printed on them.

RoadRage - nice bike! You need to teach that lassie how to pilot it properly though - she'll have difficulty using the brakes and gears perched like that! :lol:

I've been meaning to get a hugger from JustFairings some time - maybe when I've paid off all the mods I've done in the last few months.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
RoadRage_NZ

Post by RoadRage_NZ »

ex-viffer wrote: RoadRage - nice bike! You need to teach that lassie how to pilot it properly though - she'll have difficulty using the brakes and gears perched like that! :lol:

I've been meaning to get a hugger from JustFairings some time - maybe when I've paid off all the mods I've done in the last few months.
Hi, yes love the sp1's; but no the ladys not mine, would never post photos of my girlfreind or EX's over the net.

Should look really 'trick' with a carbon hugger, hate to think how much it would cost tho.

Lots of custom bikes and nice looking ladys on them @
http://www.sportsbikerider.com/