mirrors

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
man from africa

mirrors

Post by man from africa »

want to personalise my bike a bit.could anyone advise which other bike mirrors fit straight on with much modifications.fitted new uprated rectifier after problems last weekend and touchwood all okay.local honda dealer wanted 130.00 for genuine but got a non genuine finned one for 65.00.does that sound reasonable or was i ripped off.once again thanks to everyone for advice.this forum is a godsend.
rhodesians never die,pasi ne mugabe
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

do ducati ST2 mirrors fit straight on?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=010

i saw a you pube video of some dude that had tweaked his storm here n there and had the above mentioned mirrors on there.. it looked rather tasty....
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

R1 mirrors will fit as I tried some on mine, but they need to be the earlier long stem items. Mine were from a '99 model R1, so that year or earlier should fit. Personally I didn't get on with the R1 mirrors as they sit nearer to you than the standard Firestorm items, but more than likely only a personal thing.

However Dookie modified the arm arrangment on his R1 mirrors so they sit in more of a similar position to the standard Firestorm mirrors but sticking out further giving a much better rear view. See picks below of Dookies bike,

Chris.

tiggerii

Post by tiggerii »

2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm - SOLD
2009 Triumph Tiger 1050 - from two cylinders to three!
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

hahaha chris i bet you have fun filtering with those!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Got the same as Tiggerii, and they're fine.

Only trouble is because of the angle (they're set higher up that standard ones because there's no angle from the stems to the base) it looks a bit like a startled rabbit with it's ears back, forom the front view.

Don't care,though, as I'm only interested in what it looks like from the rider's position!
:P
BTW, though, if anyone else has these or is going to get some (see link in earlier post) please note that unlike standard indicators the LED ones are sensitive to the polarity of the supply- they just don't work when you get the wires the wrong way round. :?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.