Seat rubbing on tank

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Vtrcameron

Seat rubbing on tank

Post by Vtrcameron »

Hi I've owned my firestorm for about a year now, this winter ill be stripping it down and repainting it, but since I've owned it the seat has always rubbed the tank edge and some times slips under the tank, is this common or has the previous owner moved something or could it be an aftermarket seat?

Thank you in advance
haynesjones66

Re: Seat rubbing on tank

Post by haynesjones66 »

on my previous storm i had one of them clear tank protectors but i dont think the seat would fit under the tank. maybe your seat is cut down or something. post a pic maybe
misnblu

Post by misnblu »

Vtrcameron wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:37 am Hi I've owned my firestorm for about a year now, this winter ill be stripping it down and repainting it, but since I've owned it the seat has always rubbed the tank edge and some times slips under the tank, is this common or has the previous owner moved something or could it be an aftermarket seat?

Thank you in advance
Have you removed the seat at all to see if there is something missing, bent, or out of alignment?
I'd have a look there and use the pdf service manual to help you find anything missing or maybe broken.
Pictures would do justice too. 👍😉
1998 Honda SuperHawk aka FireStorm
https://www.dwn4lif.com
My website 👆
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Vtrcameron wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:37 am Hi I've owned my firestorm for about a year now, this winter ill be stripping it down and repainting it, but since I've owned it the seat has always rubbed the tank edge and some times slips under the tank, is this common or has the previous owner moved something or could it be an aftermarket seat?

Thank you in advance
No, that doesn't sound like a common problem.

Has the seat still got the standard cover on it I wonder, may be an aftermarket one has been fitted, or someone had trimmed the seat down to accommodate short legs.

I agree some photo's could help in sorting out your problem,

Chris.
Vtrcameron

Post by Vtrcameron »

Thank you for your replies, I have been working away and will post a picture when I get home, plan on removing seat to investigate more soon.
Thank you
Vtrcameron

Post by Vtrcameron »

Hi im sorry its been a while business picked up so been busy, I've attached some photos of the seat hope helps if need others let me know unsure what it could be.
Thank you again
Ross
Attachments
20201101_085739.jpg
20201101_085630.jpg
20201101_085432.jpg
20201101_085419.jpg
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

There should be some rubber trim along the edge of the tank...

No.14... https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon ... /fuel-tank

You should be able to pick up some u-shaped trim from a motor factors that will do the job.
Z Petcock pipe fekup reminder....jpg
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Vtrcameron

Post by Vtrcameron »

Thank you will pick some up,