Engine tuning

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
DJWALKER

Re: Engine tuning

Post by DJWALKER »

Yep will do probably going to be a good few weeks.
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Update to this thread, my engine should be back from Roger next week following a complete rebuild with lots tuning, still needs running on a dyno to get it fully set up so will be heading to PDQ for that. I will update with results as soon as i can
gilson

Post by gilson »

DJWALKER wrote:Update to this thread, my engine should be back from Roger next week following a complete rebuild with lots tuning, still needs running on a dyno to get it fully set up so will be heading to PDQ for that. I will update with results as soon as i can
I am looking forward to hearing your opinion and seeing the graphs.
No bike (yet).
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Engine goes back in this week and booked in for a dyno sesh at PDQ latter this month .
gilson

Post by gilson »

DJWALKER wrote:Engine goes back in this week and booked in for a dyno sesh at PDQ latter this month .
Cool!
No bike (yet).
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Well Rogers great work didnt dissapoint, came of the dyno at 119.5 @ the wheel at 8.85 rpm
And 77.5 max torque at 6.98 rpm. Ive been advised that my stubby cans are restrictive and further gains will be had with a change as well as some running time .
Ive gone up a tooth on the front sprocket and the midrange wich is what i was after is storming .haha fire storming lol, Any way im changing the cans and im booked in for dyno in few weeks time thanks again to Roger and his on going advice.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Maybe get a V-twin Aprilia? Brembos, Ohlins, not expensive, 128bhp I believe
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good result. What cams are you running, and pistons?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

DJWALKER wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:06 am Well Rogers great work didnt dissapoint, came of the dyno at 119.5 @ the wheel at 8.85 rpm
And 77.5 max torque at 6.98 rpm. Ive been advised that my stubby cans are restrictive and further gains will be had with a change as well as some running time .
Ive gone up a tooth on the front sprocket and the midrange wich is what i was after is storming .haha fire storming lol, Any way im changing the cans and im booked in for dyno in few weeks time thanks again to Roger and his on going advice.
:thumbup:
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Cams are the originals but reprofiled the pistons are moriwaki high comp, gas flowed and ported heads amongst other work , roger rebuilt the complete engine as well as his full air box mod.
And yes i know i could buy various other bikes etc etc but i like my vtr and want to build some a bit special out of it.
On another note i swapped the cans today new ones are longer and its had a huge impact on the running i need to get it on the dyno and set up again theres a huge flat spot at the bottom end requires slipping the clutch to get it of the line .
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

While it is arguably not the most responsible way to spend money on motorcycling, modding a bike to suit your particular needs is (or can be) a very rewarding experience. While I can hardly claim to have tried every bike ever built, I can safely say the rush I get from riding my modded VTR exceeds anything I have ever felt from a stock bike.

Enjoy your transformed VTR :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

DJWALKER wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:06 am Well Rogers great work didnt dissapoint, came of the dyno at 119.5 @ the wheel at 8.85 rpm
Very good :thumbup:

Chris.