Coil packs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
swild123

Coil packs

Post by swild123 »

I know the info I’m after is on here somewhere but I can’t find it so here goes. I have had several running issues, after changing the obvious stuff I’ve now decided to change the coil packs. Could anyone here advise which packs to go for? Original manufacturers or something else? And also a “how to” would be helpful. Thanks in advance 👍🏻
Wicky

Re: Coil packs

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
swild123

Post by swild123 »

My storm seems to have a intermittent fault. it’s starts Ride’s fine but every now and then when riding it will splutter/miss then stall. It will not fire up straight away but if I leave it a couple of mins it’s back to being fine. I have checked breathers/drain hole changed air filter/plugs etc. I’m now going to change coils as this is the only thing I can think of left
Very frustrating
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Check the vacuum hose / fuel tap diaphragm for splits - maybe also up the idle a tad to avoid it stalling from carb farts >1200-1300rpm.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Also, I know you said you have checked the breather hoses etc, but have you tried opening the petrol tank filler cap right after it stops, just to double check there isn't a vacuum build up in the tank. If there is a build up of a vacuum in there you should hear the rush of air into the tank as you release the filler cap. You need to try that with crash helmet and ear plugs removed first :wink:

Chris.