Well you asked for another Ducati build

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
fabiostar

Re: Well you asked for another Ducati build

Post by fabiostar »

buzzer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:45 pm The seat pad came back from Aldridge trimming and as usual Karen did a fantastic job… she said she was not asked for orange stitching very often! next job was to make the fuel filter holder… this took some thinking about due to the position, and the fact I wanted it to be secure… In the end I machined a clip out of nylon. there is an annular grove which stops the filter moving, its very secure

started it up yesterday… it actually started first time!… but it didn’t run well… A quick check on the timing revealed it was significantly out. Looks like I made a calculation error in placing the magnets. rather than re-make the timing wheel, I slotted the mounting holes on the miller. A simple job, but it took ages to set it up! This of course meant that I had to turn off the original timing marks and scribe some new ones. I used a pointer and timing disc in the lathe to do this. the marks were scribed using a sharp tool, drawn across the surface with the cross slide. I think that way they are pretty accurate! here is a short video of it running.

sir you are a sick man. the worlds needs people like you. brilliant build skills
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dave100

Post by Dave100 »

How much do you charge an hour 😀😀👍

Fantastic work !!
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Dave100 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:47 pm How much do you charge an hour 😀😀👍

Fantastic work !!
You know what they say

" If you have to ask how much you probably can't afford it "

😂😂😂😂😂😂
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

thanks for the birthday wishes... bit of a strange one... zoom meetings with family and friends!

first time out in the daylight for a while… its running OK, just need to change the carb needles which are on order, then a road test...

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

An excellent job well done 8) :clap: :clap:

I can't believe you've almost finished this project already :lol:

Chris.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Top job👍👍
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Not been doing much in the garage for the last week... My best mate of 55 years was diagnosed with terminal cancer last week. All very sudden, 4 weeks before he was working in his factory, just complaining of a bad back... turns out he has lung cancer, cancer in the spine and Multiple Myeloma... they have given him weeks/months. Its knocked me for 6 to be honest...

Gong to get out in the garage Monday and get my mojo back... for now here is a short video as many people asked how I turn the velocity stack radius in the lathe..

link above
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

wow, something like that only really hits you when it's someone close to you. take care buddy
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

I am so sorry to hear of your friends. All my very best to you, your friend and his family.

Richard.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Richard wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:23 pm I am so sorry to hear of your friends. All my very best to you, your friend and his family.

Richard.
And the same from me. Tough time for everybody involved.
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

buzzer wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:16 pm Not been doing much in the garage for the last week... My best mate of 55 years was diagnosed with terminal cancer last week. All very sudden, 4 weeks before he was working in his factory, just complaining of a bad back... turns out he has lung cancer, cancer in the spine and Multiple Myeloma... they have given him weeks/months. Its knocked me for 6 to be honest...

Gong to get out in the garage Monday and get my mojo back... for now here is a short video as many people asked how I turn the velocity stack radius in the lathe..

link above
I'm really so sorry to hear this about your longtime friend. Life sometimes is hard I know, wishing him, all his family and friends and of course yourself strength at this very difficult time,

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Well I can't sit around the house any longer, for a start it's driving my wife nuts :lol:

So I have started a rebuild on a 1998 Monster 900, a bike I have always wanted to own. I like the looks, and simplicity of them, and they handle great! this will be a straight restoration and I will be keeping it looking the same save for it being red and probably gold frame and wheels. it would be a shame to butcher what for me is an iconic bike that I would have difficulty improving the look of...I started the stripdown yeasterday...

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

buzzer wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:14 am Well I can't sit around the house any longer, for a start it's driving my wife nuts :lol:

So I have started a rebuild on a 1998 Monster 900, a bike I have always wanted to own. I like the looks, and simplicity of them, and they handle great! this will be a straight restoration and I will be keeping it looking the same save for it being red and probably gold frame and wheels. it would be a shame to butcher what for me is an iconic bike that I would have difficulty improving the look of...I started the stripdown yeasterday...

:lol: There's is no holding you back is there :clap:

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I think I've said this before but I've got some serious garage envy and now you show TWO sunken hydraulic bike lifts.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Why have one when two will do 😂👍