Early model gauge faces

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Neophyte

Early model gauge faces

Post by Neophyte »

Does anyone perhaps have high quality JPG or PNG images of even DXFs of the early Firestorm gauges.

We have our own vinyl cutter so I would like to make my own custom faces (here in South Africa) for my bike with fonts and logos that I like.

I want to experiment with a few different options too in terms of how I want to make them and how I want to do the lighting too.
Wicky

Re: Early model gauge faces

Post by Wicky »

Have a look through this thread

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 75fa216f1a

I used vinyl and due to the fiddly bits it needed printing.

Best way is to scan the speedo face and import the image into Illustrator, work out the degreesMPH ratio and vector draw it out.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

There's nothing worse than seeing a tidy bike with a crinkly slightly faded overlay.
Common on imported bikes.

Actually, thinking about it, there are some things that are worse, but you get my drift.

Wicky's version are mint, I still have one on an old set of early clocks somewhere.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Neophyte

Post by Neophyte »

Cool thanks for the reply guys
Wicky wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:07 pm Have a look through this thread

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 75fa216f1a

I used vinyl and due to the fiddly bits it needed printing.

Best way is to scan the speedo face and import the image into Illustrator, work out the degreesMPH ratio and vector draw it out.

Thanks Wicky. I saw the thread but somehow I totally missed your artwork on page 2. For now that will get me started.