Crashed my VTR... What about that tank.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
TorbenHarbo

Re: Crashed my VTR... What about that tank.

Post by TorbenHarbo »

tony.mon wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:51 am When you drop that I'll give you 300 gb pounds for it.
:lol:
I’ll let you know when I have smashed that one too :roll:
TorbenHarbo

Post by TorbenHarbo »

Pete.L wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:00 pm
TorbenHarbo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:03 am CBR1000RR 2006 instead

A complete impulse buy but I'm looking forward to the spring though. It's crazy, I know
I think you'll like it. Doesn't have the character of the VTR but it's sowing machine smooth and will scare you senseless at full throttle :thumbup:

Pete.l
I got a really good offer from a very reputable Honda dealer on that CBR.
To be honest I haven’t even been on a test drive on it. We can’t test drive in the wintertime in Denmark. It was a good offer, I trusted the dealer I have known for quite some time now and just bought it 8O
It’s a little crazy and not something I would normally do.

And yes - I am a bit worried about power/ weight ratio. It will most likely scare me to death so I’m planning on participating in a two day training course on a track nearby.
I’ll let you know how it is when it’s springtime.
TorbenHarbo

Post by TorbenHarbo »

Hi guys
Don’t know if anyone cares but I promised an update after purchasing my CBR1000.
It’s a totally different beast. Incredible build quality, handles so easy, and cornering is quite a bit quicker.
And Pete, you’re right. It’s a sewing machine and it is fast as Hell. In that regard I’m happy to have owned a VTR before purchasing a CBR. Otherwise it would have scared me to death.
And it’s a racing machine. It’s honestly so fast that I’m not quite sure of the sensibility in driving that kind of machine on public roads.
So now I know the difference between sports tourer and super bike.

I’m taking it easy, though.
It does not have the calm V2 rumble (obviously) and as a Sunday cruiser with wifey on the back or everyday commuter it’s not exactly suitable. I’m even considering purchasing an old NTV Revere too.

But I’m having fun. That’s for sure.

All the best to you all and drive safely!
288A9674-1D26-40AE-A4C0-1218898E4E66.jpeg
8D273234-EDB0-442A-A7D0-7F09DA273C60.jpeg
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Glad, your enjoying the bike, and by the look of it glorious weather. But just a little niggle, you should know the rules, all bike pic's should have bins in the frame!!! 🤣😷🤣

Take care enjoy!!
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Are you not on lockdown like the rest of us or is that an essential journey to get a loaf of bread??? 🤣😷🤣
TorbenHarbo

Post by TorbenHarbo »

Richard wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:19 am Are you not on lockdown like the rest of us or is that an essential journey to get a loaf of bread??? 🤣😷🤣
Nope we are not locked down in Denmark the same way as in other places :wink: Different approach to the “situation” leading to the “thing” not spreading in our communities.
We can still ride, otherwise I wouldn’t have done it 8)

Hope you are all well!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TorbenHarbo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:15 pm
Richard wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:19 am Are you not on lockdown like the rest of us or is that an essential journey to get a loaf of bread??? 🤣😷🤣
Nope we are not locked down in Denmark the same way as in other places :wink: Different approach to the “situation” leading to the “thing” not spreading in our communities.
We can still ride, otherwise I wouldn’t have done it 8)

Hope you are all well!
Thanks for the update and the photo's :thumbup:
Interesting to hear your opinion of your new bike.

Even more interesting to hear you're not on Lock Down,

Chris.