Aftermarket cans too noisey?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Bikerbob

Aftermarket cans too noisey?

Post by Bikerbob »

My Storm has Maxtorque Cans that imitate the Orriginals But appear very noisey . I believe its now down to the Mot inspector as to a pass or not. Do these normally give problems?
MacV2

Re: Aftermarket cans too noisey?

Post by MacV2 »

Bikerbob wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:04 pm My Storm has Maxtorque Cans that imitate the Orriginals But appear very noisey . I believe its now down to the Mot inspector as to a pass or not. Do these normally give problems?
My nighbour has MTC cans & his pass...It is down to the tester at the end of the day.

If your worried pop in to see him before it's due & ask...If he says ''No way Jose...!'' Simply get some bafflesto stick in them just for the day.

These guys do a good universal baffle... call to discuss, you'll need the intenal diameter of your cans outlet pipe.

http://www.pjengineering.co.uk/index.php
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Re: Aftermarket cans too noisey?

Post by popkat »

Latest MOT rules on exhaust noise.

8.1 Noise
8.1.1 Exhaust noise
If possible, you should assess the exhaust noise by revving the engine to approximately half the maximum engine speed. The engine should be warm before you carry out this check.

It isn't possible to rev the engine on twist and go type motorcycles.

The exhaust system and silencer should be in such condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the motorcycle isn't clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar motorcycle with a standard silencer in average condition.

As Mac said pop in and ask your tester if hes happy with the volume before booking the test.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s