New bike fuelling

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rollingthunderx2

New bike fuelling

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Doing some checks on the new Storm, running rough from above tickover to 3000 rpm, as the bike has sat a while, I thought, no problem, ill clean the carbs, upon taking the tank off, the vac hose is on the wrong, downward facing bit,on the fuel tap..... not the centre, correct one...... ut the bike starts and runs ok apart from the hesitation from 2000-3000rpm.
I thought that no fuel should be getting through.
Does this mean the diaphragm is burst?
rollingthunderx2

Re: New bike fuelling

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Took the airbox cover off, filter is ok, but the butterflies in the carbs arent opening fully, still got 15degrees to go.
Giving up for the afternoon as the intake trumper screws have previously been mangled....dremel time tomorrow.....
Swapping the vac hose has cured the hesitation at low revs, still a puzzle how it ran though...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I dose sound like the diaphragm has split as they don’t usually run if vac line is not connected correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

When the tap is assembled it's possible to rotate the rearmost plate, and therefore the vac attachment point, to other positions.
Try fitting the vac line to the correct place.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.