New VTR purchase, bike stopping after 1 minute riding.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Denzil

Re: New VTR purchase, bike stopping after 1 minute riding.

Post by Denzil »

Hi Chaps,

being going through the bike with a fine tooth comb gave it a good service etc. I started with the all of the pipes as none have any jubilee clips etc and the vac tube pipe was only just on. I thought right as the tank is off i will check the petcock. Took it apart and the Diaphragm is ripped in half. This is hopefully the reason why i am having the problem.

So people has anyone got a link to a Replacement one. I don't want rubbish that will fail again but some kind soul sent me a link to the Genuine one on the FB page but it is America only.

Help..
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Hi Chaps,

being going through the bike with a fine tooth comb gave it a good service etc. I started with the all of the pipes as none have any jubilee clips etc and the vac tube pipe was only just on. I thought right as the tank is off i will check the petcock. Took it apart and the Diaphragm is ripped in half. This is hopefully the reason why i am having the problem.

So people has anyone got a link to a Replacement one. I don't want rubbish that will fail again but some kind soul sent me a link to the Genuine one on the FB page but it is America only.

Help..
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

David Silvers or Honda.
You can get the All Balls kit posted to UK easily enough.
Or just Google it.......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Look for the fuel tap rebuild kit here > http://www.nrp-carbs.co.uk
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Hi,

No stock with these guys.

Thanks anyway.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Thanks to all who replied. i ordered a new petcock repair kit and what a machine.
Now all fixed and runs superbly.

Whilst it was waiting for the rebuild kit i stripped the brakes and copper greased all of the parts so they will be easy next time i take them apart. Cleaned all of the crud off of the swinging arm.
It now looks superb and i am very happy.

As anyone a link to some trick bits, I have seen some nice tasty indicators, radiator covers and yoke covers.
Apart from ebay where does one buy these parts?

Denzil
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Denzil wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:11 am Thanks to all who replied. i ordered a new petcock repair kit and what a machine.
Now all fixed and runs superbly.

Whilst it was waiting for the rebuild kit i stripped the brakes and copper greased all of the parts so they will be easy next time i take them apart. Cleaned all of the crud off of the swinging arm.
It now looks superb and i am very happy.

As anyone a link to some trick bits, I have seen some nice tasty indicators, radiator covers and yoke covers.
Apart from ebay where does one buy these parts?

Denzil
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=43307#p474779
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...