what the actual fuk

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
fabiostar

what the actual fuk

Post by fabiostar »

ok guys in the vein hope somebody can think of something iv over looked.

bike running better than ever. i take the tank of, change the fuel light sender and petcock onto the new tank and boom. nothing else touched, press the button and its running like sh1t. near un ridable.

fist 10 percent of throttle and the last 10 wide open throttle its grand . on the over run its popping and banging, on a steady throttle if farting an banging and feels like its running outa petrol..

what iv changed is, iv cleaned the carbs
iv tried a second set of carbs.
both sets cleaned and tried several times.
fuel filter in tank checked and changed
inline filters fitted
vac line checked then changed
all diaphrams checked and moved from carb set to carb set
plugs, leads,coils,ecu,rec unit,battery ,earth lead,power cable all changed

i then tried a tank from another bike thats running fine onto it, still the same :sad2 :sad2

theres nothing left to change and its still running shitty. starts great, ticks over ok tho it has a bit of hollow popping sound going on?

any ideas before i take a box of matches to it?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Re: what the actual fuk

Post by tony.mon »

This sounds like the symptoms you get when the vac line is unplugged- you say you checked the vac line; did you check the other cylinder?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv only one line on tony, the other one is still plugged. iv tried a different vac line aswell. along with different inlet stubs. when this started nothing else was touched other than.lift the tank of, put the new one on and bang,shitty running. i tried another tank yesterday and its the same,, the only thing thats made any difference is when it splutters on a constant throttle if i pull the choke out that helps?.

so i tried two different cables on both sets of carbs without any improvment.. ripping my hair out
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You've covered the leccy side, and it's going to be fuel- if it recovers when choke is pulled then it's likely to be fuel feed.
Set the tank up on trestles or hanging off the workbench, apply a vac to the tap (I use a syringe) and see if fuel flows freely.
But swapping to a known good tank should fix that, if it's a tank or tap issue.

So if you're using the same fuel lines from tank to carb, there could be a blockage in a fuel line.

Yet that doesn't explain why it's ok on full throttle....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I was gonna sugest the Vac take off being unplugged but as you say you only have one line...It cant be...

You don't have a T-peice on the vac line for balancing or a scottoiler do you ? If thats come adrift/unplugged ???

Real long shot what if the kill switch or the side stand cut off switch is shorting out ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

What about TPS connector? Broken wire or something. It seems like fuel line is working.
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

The TPS doesn't have this much effect – they can run without them and while it won't be ideal it won't produce the symptoms fabiostar is describing.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv had two tps units on it, two ecu units,two rec units,coils leads etc. iv run outa things to try. fuel is flowing well from both tanks. with two sets of different lines on it. iv checked and cleaned the side stand switch, the clutch wires. taken the kill switch of, changed it aswell for another one...

see were im going with this :roll: . iv at least two sets of everything and tried them all on the bike without any change...

cant be doing with this sh1t atm so iv drained the fluids and its getting chucked up to my parents place were it can sit and huff until i decide what to do with it :clap: :clap:

ps, the blue b8stard..
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

It sounds like the only bit you haven't looked at is the fuel light circuit.
Not that it makes much sense in how it could cause the issues you are having but might be worth the effort to check that out to see if something might be grounding out. :wtf:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I posted in your other thread about this, although it looks like my suggestions, well most of them anyway you have already tried.
viewtopic.php?p=472878#p472882

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

8541Hawk wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:37 pm It sounds like the only bit you haven't looked at is the fuel light circuit.
Not that it makes much sense in how it could cause the issues you are having but might be worth the effort to check that out to see if something might be grounding out. :wtf:
:D i forgot to add, iv also changed the fuel light sender in the tank.. i really have tried everything... :eek2
austinsoft

Post by austinsoft »

Sounds to me like you may have disturbed some dirt in the fuel system and now have a blockage in one of the carbs?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

That’s what I was thinking.
If all you did was change the tank could you have contaminated both sets of carbs?
Might be worth cleaning the carbs and using some new fuel from a container of some description

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

plugged pilot jets? small holes, plug easily, a small bits of dirt from "new" tank could have plugged them on both sets of carbs...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

mik_str wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:16 am plugged pilot jets? small holes, plug easily, a small bits of dirt from "new" tank could have plugged them on both sets of carbs...
This is my thoughts also :thumbup:

I'd use a small fffp, fffp, fffp, garden sprayer with petrol in it.

Me, I'd run/rev the bike with the air box lid & filter removed to when the stumbling begins. When you hear it stumble hold the throttle steady & fire some petrol directly into the carbs or suspect carb. Any clearing of the stumbling will indicate that it's a petrol feed issue not electrical.

It's always worked for me & hopefully for you also. Chin up Fab :thumbup: