what the actual fuk

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
fabiostar

Re: what the actual fuk

Post by fabiostar »

Wicky wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:39 pm Exorcism?

box of matches more like.. im just putting it away outa sight for now so i dont have to look at it lol.. never before have i seen a bike like it :eek2 looks pretty but as much use as a chocolate fireguard :oops: :oops:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

did you have it spend too much time close to a Hardley... could be an osmosis thing...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

As a suggestion & I know its a fair bit of work...Why not swap the motors ?

You have put so much time & effort into MoriSan it would be a shame to waste it...Yeah I know the Mori motoh has a bit of extra oomph but the yella one has more oomph at the mo so whats the issue...

On the bright side if you do it at leaste you wont be seen on a yella one... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:35 am As a suggestion & I know its a fair bit of work...Why not swap the motors ?

You have put so much time & effort into MoriSan it would be a shame to waste it...Yeah I know the Mori motoh has a bit of extra oomph but the yella one has more oomph at the mo so whats the issue...

On the bright side if you do it at leaste you wont be seen on a yella one... :wink:
my mate Dave called down last night just as i was about to take a hammer to it :eek2 . so at least that didnt happen. he also suggested a motor swap just to see if it is actually an engine problem ,but i just cant, i dont have the energy left to start pulling two bikes apart all over again Mac., just has me sickened of the whole thing.
to save me breaking it up atm at least,il take it to large chunks and put it away outa the road and come back to it at some stage :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:49 am
MacV2 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:35 am As a suggestion & I know its a fair bit of work...Why not swap the motors ?

my mate Dave called down last night just as i was about to take a hammer to it :eek2 . so at least that didnt happen. he also suggested a motor swap just to see if it is actually an engine problem ,but i just cant, i dont have the energy left to start pulling two bikes apart all over again Mac., just has me sickened of the whole thing.
to save me breaking it up atm at least,il take it to large chunks and put it away outa the road and come back to it at some stage :thumbup:
I'm reliably informed* that you have more spunk in you to give up that easily...Take a step back for a few weeks then bust the spanners out again...Leave the claw hammer somewher well out of sight...

* Something in the VTR rumour mill about OP NI last year... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

There is no point in swapping the engine, when everything including wire loom was changed on blue one. I still believe there is some problem in air/fuel intake routes or vac hoses.
Seems to me better idea to have one good bike, and for blue one it is time to pay some labour and not more parts.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Stephan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:35 am There is no point in swapping the engine, when everything including wire loom was changed on blue one. I still believe there is some problem in air/fuel intake routes or vac hoses.
Seems to me better idea to have one good bike, and for blue one it is time to pay some labour and not more parts.
the thought of having two not going isnt worth the hassle. if its something silly i cant find it. iv had it down to a bare chassis and back up and just dont see anything outa place. :confused im loathe to sell it because i wont get another one but its just an ornament atm and i rather like riding bikes then working at them.. we will see :thumbup:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

If I had a road legal bike (I'm not cycling over) I'd be over to take a look with you. Obviously not to stick my marker down on possible parts :shifty:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 am
Stephan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:35 am There is no point in swapping the engine, when everything including wire loom was changed on blue one. I still believe there is some problem in air/fuel intake routes or vac hoses.
the thought of having two not going isnt worth the hassle. if its something silly i cant find it. iv had it down to a bare chassis and back up and just dont see anything outa place. :confused im loathe to sell it because i wont get another one but its just an ornament atm and i rather like riding bikes then working at them.. we will see :thumbup:
£50 quid and I take it off your hands for ya. I hate to see you suffer like this

:D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Now the offers start..... Lol.
The fun game would be to buy it, fix it in half an hour, then tell Rob what it was, you would be able to hear the explosion from Liverpool........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

LOL

Rob man have you gone totally insane what's all this talk about hammers, selling , breaking etc you loon. You can get them thoughts outa your head right away or we will send Marty over to give you one of his private lapdances. Just ask Pete about them he still hasn't recovered. Just put the bike away safe and sound for now and take a breather...no not a couple of days, a couple of weeks, maybe even a month and then get back to it. Geez it might even miraculously fix itself as the weather changes and fresh tank of juice. Either that or try lyrica.
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:44 pm LOL

Rob man have you gone totally insane what's all this talk about hammers, selling , breaking etc you loon. You can get them thoughts outa your head right away or we will send Marty over to give you one of his private lapdances. Just ask Pete about them he still hasn't recovered. Just put the bike away safe and sound for now and take a breather...no not a couple of days, a couple of weeks, maybe even a month and then get back to it. Geez it might even miraculously fix itself as the weather changes and fresh tank of juice. Either that or try lyrica.
:thumbup: :clap:
I have to agree with that.
fabiostar wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:22 pm well a nice pulse generator went into the blue bike tonight, fired up the very best and trotted off down to the garage and got juiced up..

and not a wombles jot of difference did that make so thats the end of that story lads, nothing left to change so i sat and looked at it... the yellow bikes about to get a nice set of mori pipes on it, the rest il come back to at some stage...
The positive from that is, you now know it's not the pulse generator, so long as you're sure that was a good one of course.

There has to be something we are missing here, we will all have to have another think on this :crazy:
Really, really strange this,

Chris.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Still not sure if the carbs were balanced at least last time, havent read any mention.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

sirch345 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:34 pm There has to be something we are missing here, we will all have to have another think on this
Really, really strange this,

Chris.
It'll be the plugs, I said it early on & I still think it's them.

A simple plug swap fixed the yellow bike :crazy:

Still no photo's of plugs that have been removed from either bike, it would really help if you did Fabio.

Those critters will tell a story or two :thumbup:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

have you tried swapping out the ECU or the converter unit?
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express