what the actual fuk

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
alanfjones1411

Re: what the actual fuk

Post by alanfjones1411 »

For whatever reason it stopped Rob,glad it's running for you again.Are you sure you wasn't just looking for a bit of attention. :)
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Based on the principle that bikes only let you down at the most awkward moment, when the symptoms reappear on the Sat morning of the NI ride out, you'll have enough donor bikes around to find out what it is...

I really hate not knowing what caused a problem. :evil:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

My other suggestion was a piece of carb rubber in the inlet sticking a valve open. That happened to me and it wouldn't rev when riding. I didn't rev it through in the paddock but it was fine once the offending sliver had been removed. I doubt the piece was big enough or hard enough to damage the valves so may have cleared itself as the valve slowly eat it.

Could have been something like that and it's finally consumed it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lord knows what all this was about. if an engine runs on a set of carbs but not on another bike? and the other bike runs on both sets,plus the spares, im lost, it shouldnt happen but it has.

i would like to be able to point the finger and say thats the problem but im at a loss, what i am gona do is not go near anything that may cause a huff like that again :lol: :lol: .

atm, alls good and its to be dry this weekend so il get it a proper good rattle :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:50 pm lord knows what all this was about. if an engine runs on a set of carbs but not on another bike? and the other bike runs on both sets,plus the spares, im lost, it shouldnt happen but it has.

i would like to be able to point the finger and say thats the problem but im at a loss, what i am gona do is not go near anything that may cause a huff like that again :lol: :lol: .

atm, alls good and its to be dry this weekend so il get it a proper good rattle :clap:
Fingers crossed if it is dry all goes well Rob :)

Chris.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Glad you fixed it Fab :thumbup:

I’ve just read this thread all again from start to finish, & I recon there is an answer. You did fix it even though you are still unaware of how you did it.

The answer will more than likely upset you Fab but hey ho here goes.

You plain & simply flooded it & by losing your temper you fixed it by locking it away down the shed away from yourself. Little did you know but you were slowly fixing it as it was being allowed to dry off.

There, I said it, bash away :lol: :eek2 :thumbup:
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

Great news that it's fixed Fab.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

hold the good news lol.. a good run today showed its still a blue b8stard. changed all the diaphrams to new one, still no better pipes and vac pipes changed again. starts ,ticks over great, putter about on a whiff of throttle is fine. wide open its fine for a while but then it splutters and its doing it again on a constant throttle :redface :redface :redface ..

then the gods looked down and thought lets make it fall of its axle stand. its now lying in a heap and i havnt the heart to lift it up, yes yes i know its cruel but iv given it a lot of thought and its not making a Richard outa me again :eek2 :eek2

now to work out, what do i actually do with this thing? steal parts for the yellow bike? not sure about that just for now but its the most logical thing to do.....
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

so bummed to read this... I sincerely hope for that light to appear at the end of the fog (ie. moment of enlightenment that allows you to fix whatever the f**k is doing this) so that you can get this bike back up and running as it should...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Two words my friend.....pulse generator.......
I know it's a PIA to deal with but it is really starting to sound like that might be the root of your issues with the bike :D
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

8541Hawk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:09 pm Two words my friend.....pulse generator.......
I know it's a PIA to deal with but it is really starting to sound like that might be the root of your issues with the bike :D
cheers sir... im at a loss really as everything i can change has been 3 times, the only improvment being when the yellow bikes carbs went on or when i pull the choke out it used to get a lot better,now it gets a little better :sad2 . il get around to changing the pulse generator at some point when i put this hammer down i have in my hand lol
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Gutted for you Rob, I hope the damage is minimal, they bring joy and frustration in equal measure. I hope you don’t loose faith and beat the fecker in the end matey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:47 pm Gutted for you Rob, I hope the damage is minimal, they bring joy and frustration in equal measure. I hope you don’t loose faith and beat the fecker in the end matey. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One way or another he'll beat the fecker....fixed or with a hammer....
Last edited by tony.mon on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's if his misses does not beat him first as he spends so much time on the bike and not on her :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well the broken record is back....at least one last time.....and no need to pull the ______ __________ out, you just need a muti meter with a peak hold function (one that saves the highest voltage it sees)
The _______ __________ is a magnet and if it looses its field or if it gets weak, strange things can happen.

I keep coming back to the same suggestion as there really isn't much left.

Of the 3 things needed for it to run you have checked compression, not the issue.

With all the carb swapping, it's not a fuel issue as the other bike runs fine with the bits taken off the blue bike, so again IMHO not the issue.

Which leaves ignition. You have already swapped out everything but the bit that tells the ignition when to fire.

So get a meter and check for the 0.7V min at the connector hidden on the left by the rad and then again when it gets to the ECU.
Until you do this step and know the ECU is getting a clean signal, you are just chasing your tail....

Remember Martys dyno chart from when he had a bad ______ __________.......it showed how strange thing can get when they start to fail :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.