Battery advise

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
scouse645

Battery advise

Post by scouse645 »

afternoon, i am messing about with the battery connecting a trickle charger cable, should i take out the main fuse while doing it?
MacV2

Re: Battery advise

Post by MacV2 »

scouse645 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:31 pm afternoon, i am messing about with the battery connecting a trickle charger cable, should i take out the main fuse while doing it?
Cant hurt but as long as you disconect Neg first then Poz...Put the Poz side charger cable & Poz batt cable back on first...

Or is it the other way round ... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

ok thanks
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 pm
scouse645 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:31 pm afternoon, i am messing about with the battery connecting a trickle charger cable, should i take out the main fuse while doing it?
Cant hurt but as long as you disconect Neg first then Poz...Put the Poz side charger cable & Poz batt cable back on first...

Or is it the other way round ... :lol: :lol:
I think you're right the first time Mac.

As I understand it by removing the earth (-) cable from the battery which is linked to the frame (or bodywork of a car/van etc) and/or engine you cannot accidentally short the battery out when undoing the positive (+) side of the battery by touching the frame or bodywork with your spanner.

Chris.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

sirch345 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:36 pm As I understand it by removing the earth (-) cable from the battery which is linked to the frame (or body of a car/van etc) and/or engine you cannot accidentally short the battery out when undoing the positive (+) side of the battery by touching the frame or bodywork with your spanner.

Chris.
:thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.