What bore is the carbs on a VTR 1000?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: What bore is the carbs on a VTR 1000?

Post by Pete.L »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Fantastic work. It's looking really good already regardless of the fact it's only primer. :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Bouvet Island?

Looking good as it comes together

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

buzzer wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:55 am Well here it is in primer... just got to decide on colour now... I have plenty of time to think about it, this will be the last update for a while... I am being kidnapped and sent to a tiny (and I mean tiny!) island where there are no cars, bikes, transport, just beaches... and sun... and no internet. Quite frankly, I don't know how I am going to cope 8O

Very well done, that looks amazing 8) 8) 8)

I like Wicky's Photoshop paint work as well :thumbup:

Chris.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

That's a bike I would love to own. Not in red though, such a slow colour.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

thanks for the photoshop!

squeezed a bit of time in the garage before we go!

Here is the seat being made… I have used closed cell EFP30 foam, which is firm, but has the advantage that it can be sanded to shape. it will be covered with some 6mm foam and trimmed. Trimming is one of the jobs I cant do at home!

freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

buzzer wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:58 am thanks for the photoshop!

squeezed a bit of time in the garage before we go!

Here is the seat being made… I have used closed cell EFP30 foam, which is firm, but has the advantage that it can be sanded to shape. it will be covered with some 6mm foam and trimmed. Trimming is one of the jobs I cant do at home!

How are you going to attach it to the seat unit? The angle of the cans is pucker btw. Absolutely spot on. :clap: :clap:
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

How are you going to attach it to the seat unit? The angle of the cans is pucker btw. Absolutely spot on. :clap: :clap:
the holes you see in the alloy plate have threaded rivitnuts in them, so I can just use some pan head bolts through the seat
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Back from holiday... to the cold, wet, and threats of viruses :(

well its going to be orange!

The seat is back from the trimmer, and as usual its a perfect job,  Karen at Aldridge trimming is simply fantastic!

buzzer

Post by buzzer »

here is the first coat of lacquer… For 40 years I used my trusty Binks Bullows 230 but it was starting to give problems… I tried several guns off Ebay, but despite the Binks problems always went back to it… then a few years ago I bought a cheap (£20) gun off amazon… it had great reviews, and sure enough its brilliant! this is the gloss straight from the gun!

Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Proper colour, could almost be Laverda orange just like my much missed one, regularly kick myself for selling
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Richard wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:11 pm Proper colour, could almost be Laverda orange just like my much missed one, regularly kick myself for selling
funny you should say that... Thats exactly what it is... I have a thing about Laverda orange after owning a Jota for 25 years... I have also done another couple of builds in the same colour scheme :D

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

And the final coat.... my heart is always in my mouth when painting over decals... I have found by experience you MUST wipe them over with panel wipe, NOT thinners...and make sure the first coat of lacquer is a mist coat which then has to tack off... then a couple of coats on top. if you go with a full coat first you always get runs off the lip on each letter! I will let them dry fully in the drying oven... OK, the small bathroom as that is the hottest room in the house!

Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Love that GT
Jota's not bad for an old dancing queen!!!
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

That tank looks fantastic. I really really admire your skill. To my mind that is a truly lovely motorcycle