What bore is the carbs on a VTR 1000?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
buzzer

Re: What bore is the carbs on a VTR 1000?

Post by buzzer »

Any of you guys got a PDF or JPG of a wiring diagram for a VTR? I am specifically after where the wires which go on the throttle position sensor :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The wiring diagram is in the Knowledgebase.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Here's the link, as not so easy to find IMHO:-

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18025

Diagram here too:- viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24036#p309540

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

thanks guys :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Hi guys, thanks for the wiring diagram... I can see there are three wires to it, but I am struggling to work out the position of each wire on the sensor. :confused

from the diagram I assume

red - variable resistance signal
yellow / black - 5v supply from the ignition unit
green - earth

can on of you guys look at your bike and tell me which colour goes to which position? :thumbup:

buzzer

Post by buzzer »

anyone help with the colours as above?

The wiring is coming on well, just a couple of minor circuits to do. I like this fuse box. one lead in, and all the fuses come off that, and it has a single earth point as well. All the ends are crimped and soldered… and covered with the glue lined heat shrink. When its finally done I can tidy it up and tape the joints with self amalgamating tape. As I had changed the location of the coils I needed custom leads, cheap and easy job. That crimp tool has not seen much use since the 70’s though, when it was used all the time! I had better get some resistor plugs as there is not much in the leads!

Also finished the throttle cable. I wanted to make the bracket slightly adjustable, so I made the mounting eccentric. couldn’t be bothered to change the chuck!

jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

buzzer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:35 pm Hi guys, thanks for the wiring diagram... I can see there are three wires to it, but I am struggling to work out the position of each wire on the sensor. :confused

from the diagram I assume

red - variable resistance signal
yellow / black - 5v supply from the ignition unit
green - earth

can on of you guys look at your bike and tell me which colour goes to which position? :thumbup:

1 = yellow/black
2 = red/yellow
3 = green/black
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

jchesshyre, thank you so much for that! will wire it in today! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

buzzer wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:00 pm anyone help with the colours as above?

The wiring is coming on well, just a couple of minor circuits to do. I like this fuse box. one lead in, and all the fuses come off that, and it has a single earth point as well. All the ends are crimped and soldered… and covered with the glue lined heat shrink. When its finally done I can tidy it up and tape the joints with self amalgamating tape. As I had changed the location of the coils I needed custom leads, cheap and easy job. That crimp tool has not seen much use since the 70’s though, when it was used all the time! I had better get some resistor plugs as there is not much in the leads!

Also finished the throttle cable. I wanted to make the bracket slightly adjustable, so I made the mounting eccentric. couldn’t be bothered to change the chuck!

You're making good headway 8) :clap:

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Not much progress of late... I came down with the flu, and its absolutely knocked me sideways... getting there now though, but not quite recovered yet.... here is a 15 second clip of the throttle linkage

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

buzzer wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:46 pm Not much progress of late... I came down with the flu, and its absolutely knocked me sideways... getting there now though, but not quite recovered yet.... here is a 15 second clip of the throttle linkage

There's been a lot of these bugs doing the rounds, they seem to take time to get over.

Cheers for posting the video :thumbup: looking the business,

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

spent a couple of yours in the garage today...  still getting over the flu, so I have not been in there long...  but long enough to get it started!  It actually fired up almost straight away, which I was pleased about.  at first I didn't have a spark though....  Seems the kill switch now works backwards.  it will be a good anti theft!  here its is running for just a few seconds, as there is no water in it yet...

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

buzzer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:20 pm spent a couple of yours in the garage today...  still getting over the flu, so I have not been in there long...  but long enough to get it started!  It actually fired up almost straight away, which I was pleased about.  at first I didn't have a spark though....  Seems the kill switch now works backwards.  it will be a good anti theft!  here its is running for just a few seconds, as there is no water in it yet...

Thanks for posting the video clip, it sounds great, nice and crisp :clap:
I like your petrol can / tank :)

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

That sounds sweet.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

That is one gorgeous motorbike 👍👍👍👍👍