Yes another Carb refreshment post

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
E.Marquez

Re: Yes another Carb refreshment post

Post by E.Marquez »

here is a updated list of all normal rubber service parts. Specific to the carb set being worked on others may need some hard parts... fuel screw, float needle, jets, ect...
For full rebuild, you will need 2 O ring sets for each carb.
16041-MZ5-600
note this number is different then what is showing on parts sites right now, it is a superseded number and commonly list out for applications other then the VTR..But My Honda parts guy confirms the number is right and I have personally used this set on 4 VTR carbs now..they are the correct O rings.
So 2 of these
carb parts 1.jpg
carb parts 1.jpg (27.95 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
And 2 of these
carb parts 2.jpg
carb parts 2.jpg (29.39 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
2 Each Float bowl O rings
GASKET, FLOAT CHAMBER
16163-MBB-640

2 Each carb to air box O rings
O-RING
16076-MBB-640

2 Each O rings for the fuel screw Which are not available as a single service item for this carb, but can be had in same size (same part) in other bike models or bought bulk as I do.
The OEM part is SCREW SET 16028-MY5-890 which gets you a fuel screw, spring, steel asher and rubber O ring.

Consider replacing the carb to head rubber manifold. after only a few yeasr they get hard as a rock, nicked if you R&R carbs a lot, and may not seal well
1 Each
NOTE there are different front and rear
INSULATOR, RR. CARB 16220-MBB-950
INSULATOR, FR. CARB 16210-MBB-950

And then Silicone hose for everything you wish to replace... for me that was every mm of black rubber hose
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I saw the pic of the finished carbs on Facebook, great write-up of the process. Top job.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

freeridenick wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:36 pm great write-up of the process. Top job.
+1

Very handy having all the part numbers too :clap:

Chris.