straight bars-trick bitz risers

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
haynesjones66

Re: straight bars-trick bitz risers

Post by haynesjones66 »

ok, i'm sure we can come up with something. i'm a little disappointed as my riding style is dictated by how i sit. i prefer being upright and 'lead' with my elbow if that makes sense. i learned to ride in motocross as a kid. but that just doesnt work for me anymore, for some reason, so i'm going back to clip-ons. i'll keep you posted.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

haynesjones66 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:14 pm well that was weird. i connected my new clutch line up and tried bleeding it. gave up in a strop and asked my mate to do it, no problem. i havent drilled any locating holes in the bars yet, so tightened everything as much as i dared then gaffer taped everything in place. i set off down the road for a few miles with no front brake (dont try this at home, kids) and found myself shifting around as my hip was playing up again. the bars are in the same place as my fazer but because the tank is longer and i'm sitting further back, i seem to be putting all my weight on my arms which just doesnt feel right. i'm now considering going back to standard as i was beginning to gel with the new position and the honda ergonomics seem to be just right.
I wasn't expecting to hear that 8O

Chris.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i know. it is rather strange. maybe i'm past the upright stage and gradually returning to ape again! i'm not planning to spend any more on this thing unless something breaks, so i will keep it as standard as possible. i'm spending more at David Silver again on the 750s i'm rebuilding so i have to be careful with the cash. my friendly mechanic is bleeding everything on wednesday so after it's done i'm just going to ride a lot before the cold weather sets in.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

haynesjones66 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:46 am i know. it is rather strange. maybe i'm past the upright stage and gradually returning to ape again! i'm not planning to spend any more on this thing unless something breaks, so i will keep it as standard as possible. i'm spending more at David Silver again on the 750s i'm rebuilding so i have to be careful with the cash. my friendly mechanic is bleeding everything on wednesday so after it's done i'm just going to ride a lot before the cold weather sets in.
That sounds like a plan to me :thumbup:

Chris.